Tail light question for 99-01 snake owners

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I am doing a retro fit of 99-01 tailights onto my 04. On the 99-01s, I have a couple of questions about the tailight and how they work.
1. When the hazards are on, what all flashes? On my 04 the two bulbs that work as a turn signal flash, so I wanted to know how many flash on a 99-01.
2. When you brake, how many bulbs and where are they located, light up?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!:beer:

THE_STIG

Established Member
With the flashers on, the amber light flashes, not the red.
When I brake, the fouter two red bulbs light up, the amber does not. If you are going to do this mod, you need to get a wiring harness for a 99-01 cobra tail light for each side other wise it won't work.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
When you say wiring harness, what exactly do you mean? The 99-01 taillights I bought have the bulbs in place and the wires from them up to the disconnect pigtail. But it won't just plug into my harness at the same point, the pins in the connectors are different.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Well I got them done, and I like them. I think it sets the car off from all the other 03-04 running around. I used the harness from the 99-01 and put the male connector from my 04 harness on it so it would plug up and look stock. I only had to add one power wire to the lights and cut the wire under the dash and change the flasher module so it would have more resistance and blink slower.

Users who are viewing this thread