Tail light and front side marker blinking fast

demas

Established Member
Hey guys,
For quite some time I have an issue with my 2014 right LED tail light and the right front side marker.
When I drive for a while and even do some pulls the tail light and the front side marker are starting to blinking fast when I turn right of course.
When I turn off the car and just with switch on and turn on the right marker, they light just fine and even just after I start the engine. It's only taking a few minutes till the issue appears.
My front side marker bulb is an LED from diode dynamic and the tail light is factory.

Just to add more details:
1. My left side is working without any issues
2. When the issue appears, all the 3 LED lights in the right tail light are blinking fast.

I honestly have no idea where to start from and investigate it, do you have any idea what can I do?

Thanks!

nate714

Established Member
I'd examine your lights and light connections. The rapid blinking is the cars way of saying a bulb or connection isn't giving the correct resistance. I'd start by youtubing how to replace tail lights on 13/14 mustangs, and just take a look, unplug and plug everything back in securely. Shouldn't need much more than a screwdriver or two to at least examine the connections. The owners manual should list bulb sizes for replacements for all the lighting including the tail lights.

demas

Established Member
I just watched a video by diode dynamic about led resistor kit, I'm gonna try it, hope it will solve it.
Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread