T76 turbo 03 cobra fuel pump choices

gt347mustang

Established Member
It was between triple walbro pumps and eliminator...

I chose the eliminator cuz you wouldn't know if one of the three walbros fails till its too late.

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
I have two GT fuel pumps brand new but I can't sell them... I'm upgrading my fuel system soon.

Digital

Established Member
did you mean its that loud 24/7 or just start up?

There is no startup sound for fuel pumps normally, it's that loud all the time or not at all. Only difference is will your exhaust/radio/in car noise muffle it more.

Yes having 1 pump does reduce your chances of a broken item but most of these pumps arent prone to random death.

Anything you mount outside your fuel tank is going to be loud, period. Some louder then others but if you even have to ask it's too loud for you.

Lots of people are starting to run the triple walboro return system, works great, you can run 2 pumps for regular driving and under boost it kicks the 3rd on, keeps heat down and keeps pump usage lower.

That's what I have personaly, it's quiet, good for 800+hp depending on your supporting mods much more, and it's reliable.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
My A1000 is pretty damn loud on startup but after I start the car the exhaust muffles it a lot.... I like the idea of just one pump too

NxCoupe

Established Member
I built a car for a guy and he was really concerned with the fuel pump noise. So we got one of the Weldon fuel pump voltage controllers. It slows the pump down to a minimum until you go wide open throttle, then it ramps up to full voltage. I also mounted it with rubber insulation and it really wasn't that bad at all. My weldon on my race car is pretty loud, but once the car starts, its just a little noise in the back. the pump by itself is loud, but like others said, once you start the car and turn on the tunes, you won't notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread