T56 Problems

03sixbanger

Derrick
Established Member
I'm sure this has been talked about before but I wasn't really sure what to search. I'm having problems going into 1st and reverse. If I put it in 1st it pops out. If I go to 2nd then 1st it's fine.

And now, I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to go into reverse. When it finally goes I can hear it grinding and it makes a loud noise feeling like the transmission just fell out of the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Do you have a way to adjust the clutch cable? If so - tightening the cable a little might help a little. The other thought is maybe a syncro going out?

Another thing to mention... if you are at a stop light or stop sign, you need to shift into neutral and release the clutch. If you don't, I know I sometimes have a hard time getting it into first gear. I mention this just in case you seem to always have the issue at stop lights or moments when you are stopped and keeping the clutch depressed. Anyways - if this happens - put the car in neutral and release the clutch, engage the clutch and hopefully it should be easy to get back into first.

JeremyJ

If you make all these adjustments and still have issues, you could have some damaged synchronizers or blocker rings. If you need a rebuild I would to offer our services at Tick Performance. We do all Tremec t-56 and TR-6060 rebuilds and are available for tech support.

Users who are viewing this thread