T56 magnum or 6r80????

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
My transmission has blown up three times already with only about 460 rwhp. I don't know if its that I shift like a gorilla or what but I've driven stick cars my whole life and never had this happen to me. First two were covered under warranty and third time ford sent a regional rep who saw the mods and denied the new tranny. Anyways since they aren't warranting it I'm saving for a new stronger transmission an I really want the new t56 but I hear nothing but good things about the new autos. What would you get if you were in my position!!!???im almost made up on the t56 but would like to hear from people who have them how they like it.

DeepimpactGTCS

Established Member
T56 if u just want the car to be fun
Auto if ur looking to go as fast as possible

These new autos are really impressive. I am thinking about swapping my mt82 to the 6r80

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Nice I saw that but I got quoted a cheaper price from American power train. Idk what to do lol. I just want reliability. Can't afford to blow another transmission.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would go for the T56 magnum. If its your daily driver an auto would get boreing.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nice I saw that but I got quoted a cheaper price from American power train. Idk what to do lol. I just want reliability. Can't afford to blow another transmission.

Does the American power train quote include the clutch, flywheel, aluminum driveshaft choice of gear ratios, and an svt forum discount?

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Does the American power train quote include the clutch, flywheel, aluminum driveshaft choice of gear ratios, and an svt forum discount?

Includes everything except the flywheel I think but with the most expensive clutch they offer( not sure what it is) they quoted me $4300 and $200 for shipping. $4500 with speedo calibrating box, clutch, driveshaft and trans obviously delivered to my door. Hard to beat.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Includes everything except the flywheel I think but with the most expensive clutch they offer( not sure what it is) they quoted me $4300 and $200 for shipping. $4500 with speedo calibrating box, clutch, driveshaft and trans obviously delivered to my door. Hard to beat.

Good deal yes, you may be able to get a better deal if you shop JPC with the quote you got. The prices are not that far off when you factor in the svt forum discount. Either way this transmission is the solution to your problem. There are plenty of 9 second mustangs using this tranny combo with no issues!

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Good deal yes, you may be able to get a better deal if you shop JPC with the quote you got. The prices are not that far off when you factor in the svt forum discount. Either way this transmission is the solution to your problem. There are plenty of 9 second mustangs using this tranny combo with no issues!

JPC gave me a really good price just little bit more than American power train. I already have a McLeod rst which I will be reusing all I need to do is change the discs. It's all about who I prefer buying from now!

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
JPC gave me a really good price just little bit more than American power train. I already have a McLeod rst which I will be reusing all I need to do is change the discs. It's all about who I prefer buying from now!
So i take it you've decided to go with the T-56 mangum? If so good choice and i also plan on doing a T-56 swap somewhere down the line so i'd like to hear some feedback on it.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
We would love to work with you on it!

IF you have any more questions feel free to give us a call or PM and we will make sure all your questions are answered! We have sold a ton of these swaps.

3 oh 2

Established Member
im doing the 6r80 conversion i spent $2500 on all the parts from a salvage car . Im doing the swap myself and the computer reprograming will be done by my friends at a local ford .

KIOTE 5O

Established Member
You also send your clutch disks to McLeod and they will swap the 10 spline for The 26 spline saves about $400.00.

Users who are viewing this thread