T56-Cobra with a 26 spline input shaft!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by JoeAsheville
Is the Tremec site down? I can't get anything on it...sure would be nice to get some info on my tranny.
I just hit the link and it worked for me :shrug:

dougwg

Established Member
this is a picture if the old weak cast 28 spline slip yoke and the new bigger stronger 31 spline forged slip yoke

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I don't think that would help, they probably already know. They chose the T56 rated at 440 instead of the one rated at 550.

lethal

Established Member
Makes sense. IT's all about money. This and a few other mods would have brought the Cobra to a price tag of like $4-5K more. Probably would have 25% or more less people wanting to purchase it.

Pull your tranny, spend $1200 and you'll have one tough T-56. I like.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
Makes sense. IT's all about money.

they obviously saved a lot of money by using the cheaper shafts but I also believe they speced it out to Tremec with a wider range of acceptable tolerances within the whole assembly.

mine required a lot of shimming to tighten things up to get it to the point that a Viper T56 is at from the factory...this will be another benefit to those who send their trans in to have this shaft upgrade performed :thumbsup:

jtfx6552

Established Member
JB, is that your car with the Spec 3 stuff? what do you think of it? Can the clutch be feathered, or is it an on off type of deal?

JT

stang99

In the initial image at the beginning of this thread the TOB retainer can be clearly seen. But, I am still not sure how it is attached to the front adapter of the tranny and whether or not it can be replaced. Does it come out the front? Pressed in? This is the part that is broken on my tranny and damaged on NetWorkG's tranny. It seems like a non wear item so there must be something in the clutch geometry that stresses this part. Any information about replacing it would be appreciated.

oldmodman

Established Member
Doug, ditto Tetge's post. I would be very interested in getting my TOB retainer replaced at the same time. Before it fails in use. Thanks for all the work that you have put into this.

jonas

Established Member
in about a year i think the ford t56 is going to be well supported by the aftermarket. Ive been keeping track of what doug is doing and I'm very sure in a year or so you can get just about any part aftermarket.

p.s. ford and tremec can eat a fat winky for this exclusive contract crap

dougwg

Established Member
got it!... I told you guys I doon no notig bout no tranyes....

I'll check into it today.

Users who are viewing this thread