T-56 End Play

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Two questions.

I swapped my input shaft today for the D&D shaft. Before I swapped it I measured the endplay at .005 to .006, the specs call for .002 to .005. I did the job but didn't purchase shims because I figured I would order them when needed/if needed.
End play is coming out to be just about the same as prior to to the swap at .005 to .006, that is applying force the push the shaft in and pull it out. I am on the fence about leaving it... thoughts?

While inspecting it, separate or even related issue (or non-issue), it looks like the shaft doesnt sit fully centered in the throw out bearing sleeve, it is slightly to one side but still has clearance. I can slide a receipt around the shaft and freely between all gears and the inner diameter of the throwout bearing sleeve, it this normal?

Thanks in advance!

MG0h3

Established Member
Ok. I'd feel a little more comfortable being on the loose end of spec if it were the old bearing. The new bearing will loosen up a tad over time.

I don't have any specific experience with the T56, but I'd venture to say that you're ok. Def. better to error loose then tight. That being said, if you can get it down around 004" with a shim I'd try it.

Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and ordered the shim kit to get it done right. Hopefully the TOB sleeve comes out smoothly and doesnt get bashed up.

Users who are viewing this thread