T-45 power threshold?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I didn't mean it to come off that way, its just something to think about if you feel you have, or actually have experience doing this sort of thing. I've been reading that manual and honestly its extremely step by step. I am in the minority though and I've also got 16 years experience reading tech data while working on aircraft... and I'd still prefer a shop to do it if I can find a way to get a trans shipped out here without paying a ridiculous amount of money.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Oh, Zak did it? Well yeah hopefully he did do it. I know he did good stuff but then kinda abruptly sold the company to Pro Force. Not sure if Stan made him an offer he couldn't refuse or he just got burnt out on it like Posi or it was just whatever. As long as it shifts well I suppose. I will say that when I went to the 3650 with all the factory fixes done it shifted like a T5 and I never had to do "1st, 1st, reverse" again to get the car in R.

jmsa540

Established Member
Oh, Zak did it? Well yeah hopefully he did do it. I know he did good stuff but then kinda abruptly sold the company to Pro Force. Not sure if Stan made him an offer he couldn't refuse or he just got burnt out on it like Posi or it was just whatever. As long as it shifts well I suppose. I will say that when I went to the 3650 with all the factory fixes done it shifted like a T5 and I never had to do "1st, 1st, reverse" again to get the car in R.
Hah...i do 1st,1st, r, all the time..
I get really spooked whenever i go into R.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tbone7467

Established Member
I'm at a point where I think ill need some tranny work in the next year or so... should I stay with the T45 stock Tranny in my 1997 Cobra or upgrade to the T56 in the 2004 cobra? I have 3:55 gears in my car now (not that it matters to much). if I have a shop do the work is it worth still keeping the T45?

jmsa540

Established Member
I'm at a point where I think ill need some tranny work in the next year or so... should I stay with the T45 stock Tranny in my 1997 Cobra or upgrade to the T56 in the 2004 cobra? I have 3:55 gears in my car now (not that it matters to much). if I have a shop do the work is it worth still keeping the T45?
Just do the t56; i think theres better stuff out there now though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread