Syphoning gas Q's

MUSTANGWOP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Established Member
Not sure if this is posted in the correct section, if not, please move it Mod's.

Looking for some ideas on the cleanest way to syphon gas from the tank of a 2003 Cobra with the tank still installed in the car. I prefer not to do it from a fuel line in the engine bay.
My understanding is that there is an anti-syphoning ball in the filler neck so shoving a hose down there is not an option, correct me if I'm wrong on that. My car is not accessible right now to try it.
Is there an in/out hose/line that can be unhooked at the tank that would be accessible with the car on jack stands?

Let me know your thoughts.

Shawn

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
I used some refrigerator water line and just snaked it down there. I got almost all of it out of there this way. You just have to really get it down in there.

mach14604

Established Member
My understanding is that there is an anti-syphoning ball in the filler neck so shoving a hose down there is not an option, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Shawn

You are correct in this. I tried doing this on my Mach1 a few months ago with no luck because of this anti-syphon valve. Let me know if you find another way. I do not see how this guy did that with refrigerator hose. I had multiple attempts with no luck.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Why not from fuel line in engine compartment. .

I had used the connection behind passenger head, than powered fuel pump at connector on tank..

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
It's not exactly in a great place on the terminator....but it's definitely possible to disconnect the fuel filter on the side going towards the rail and plumb a line onto the fuel filter. Hot wire the pumps and drop the hose in a container

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
You are correct in this. I tried doing this on my Mach1 a few months ago with no luck because of this anti-syphon valve. Let me know if you find another way. I do not see how this guy did that with refrigerator hose. I had multiple attempts with no luck.

I took out 5 gallons of gas this way and the gauge read empty. It usually comes packaged in a loop. I put the line in with the concavity facing towards me (i.e. so the line curves away from the car and towards me) and it took a couple of times to get it down to the lowest spot I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread