Sync Delete

lshin037

Established Member
Ive been having issues with Sync for awhile, mainly the Bluetooth cutting out. It would work on and off and now Bluetooth is completely dead. Would removing Sync completely have any negative effects? If installing a new headunit/nav system, could I still use the factory mic and steering control functions without sync?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you had your dealer service department check it? If not, I would. Might be an inexpensive fix if you're out of warranty.

madscotsman

Established Member
Assuming you pulled the in-cabin fuse #3 for the SYNC reset? It's also an option under advanced settings (SYNC Reboot) now if your up to date with the latest version of SYNC. I have at least weekly struggles with Bluetooth as well.

lshin037

Established Member
Have you had your dealer service department check it? If not, I would. Might be an inexpensive fix if you're out of warranty.

I haven't since it's out of warranty. I checked other forums and some had to replace the whole sync module which is $400-$600. At that price point, Id rather buy a whole new aftermarket unit.

Assuming you pulled the in-cabin fuse #3 for the SYNC reset? It's also an option under advanced settings (SYNC Reboot) now if your up to date with the latest version of SYNC. I have at least weekly struggles with Bluetooth as well.

I have not pulled the fuse. But I did the master reboot. I tried updating to the new 4.6 but it wont take. Says something about "not enough space or incompatible with this version". Thanks for the fuse info. I'll give that a try. But I'm in the same boat...sync works on and off. I'd rather get a new headunit with more options (carplay, android auto, etc...) but I don't know if removing the sync module completely will have an negative effect like losing the mic function by the dome light and the steering wheel controls. I can care less about things like the vehicle health report as that has only worked 2 times and doesn't anymore.

chris_302

Established Member
If you do decide to delete the sync, it won't have any negative effects. Pull the connectors behind the sync unit or remove it completely.

Users who are viewing this thread