swore in yesterday- USMC

7.62x51

Established Member
I swore in yesterday to the Delayed Entry Program for the Marine Corps

Im officially a poolee. My ship date isn't until August so have plenty of time to kick it into gear and get in shape!

Just wanted to share with all of you!

My brother just graduated 03xx, P3225, MCRD SD.

Thank you for your future service, and thank you for choosing to fight for this beautiful country.

With that said, Boot Camp is going to suck beyond all worldly comprehension - but when you come out - you will be a US MARINE, and nothing will ever take that away. But rest assured, it will suck, and you will hate yourself for deciding to sign up - but it will be worth it, trust me.

Good luck to you sir

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
MCT in November is when I was freezing my ass off, got below freezing plenty of days. It was quite toasty in july in San Diego though.

I agree, I did MCT in Dec, and the 4 day was was 40 and raining the whole time. Builds character and pussies.

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
For my MOS I'm shooting for 5811 but my recruiter is saying it is full. So the fiscal year opens in October i might push my date back two months so that I have better chances to become an MP so I can be a dog handler

Wait, so you're open contract right now?

ABORT ABORT ABORT

Seriously, don't go in open contract.

Also, I'm not sure whether texas goes to Parris Island or Hollywood (San Diego) for boot camp, but if you're going in August, it's going to be hot. Really hot. I went from 23 June to 20 Sept, and my God was it hot. Then, I was in MCT in October / November, and man, was it cold.

Then was in MOS School in Twentynine Palms from Oct 31 to sometime in May, as a night class, in the middle of the desert. Again, more cold. :lol1:

semperfimrn1

Established Member
everybody west of the Mississippi goes to San Diego and everybody east goes to PI.

and hell no im not going open contract AT ALL. ive already told my recruiter that im not leaving til i get the job that i want and he knows that. no way would i go open contract.

being from texas i am pretty sure i can take the heat for boot its more the cold im not real fond of

blackfang

Established Member
For my MOS I'm shooting for 5811 but my recruiter is saying it is full. So the fiscal year opens in October i might push my date back two months so that I have better chances to become an MP so I can be a dog handler
Make him work for you. Remember he is a salesman that needs quota's and if they do not make mission, that can lead to bad things. Right now they only need one contract a month.

As for a 5811, you will do your MP school at Fort LeonardWood, MO and then K9 handlers at Lackland AFB in Texas. Good Luck.

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Congrats, my twins went to boot in SD and are stationed out of Camp Pendleton.
They are both in Assghanistan now one will be home in Feb and the other next Sept.
Semper Fi, Congrats and Thanks!!

semperfimrn1

Established Member
Make him work for you. Remember he is a salesman that needs quota's and if they do not make mission, that can lead to bad things. Right now they only need one contract a month.

As for a 5811, you will do your MP school at Fort LeonardWood, MO and then K9 handlers at Lackland AFB in Texas. Good Luck.
thank you! i hope it works out and am able to go to k9 handler school
Congrats, my twins went to boot in SD and are stationed out of Camp Pendleton.
They are both in Assghanistan now one will be home in Feb and the other next Sept.
Semper Fi, Congrats and Thanks!!
They'll be home soon before you even know it! Thanks! Semper Fi
No. There are no more Marine cooks. It's all outsourced to civilians.
didnt know that. weird

96SVTDvl

Hustlin'
Established Member
Good luck at boot. Best thing to remember is its all just a mind game, most anybody in any sort of decent physical shape can make it through, but only the strong minded guys make it. Understand that the DI's are there to make you want to quit. Have a good attitude about getting smoked for dumb shit along with the dumb shit the other retards in your platoon do, and you'll make it out.

Semper Fi and oorah.

FORD4U

Established Member
what ever you end up doing take full advantage of all the oppertunites that you have in front of you, i am finishing up a 6 yr service with the Army and i have seen many people that leave with exactly what they came in with. dont be that guy, learn grow change. good luck be safe

Rochard

Established Member
Good luck at boot. Best thing to remember is its all just a mind game, most anybody in any sort of decent physical shape can make it through, but only the strong minded guys make it. Understand that the DI's are there to make you want to quit. Have a good attitude about getting smoked for dumb shit along with the dumb shit the other retards in your platoon do, and you'll make it out.

Semper Fi and oorah.

Good advice really. I was mentally unprepared for Paris Island and it kicked my ass. If your able to accept that and the mental games, the rest is easy.

Oh, make sure your in good physical shape too.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
Recruiter told me today that a MP slot may be opening up sooner so my ship date might get moved up extra early. Now kicking everything up double-time.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
im shooting for west coast or would love hawaii. i would even take japan but my wife isn't really feeling that one lol. and i hear the east coast is boring as hell

Japan and Hawaii are both good duty stations. Japan you have almost no chance as a troop to bring your wife. Hawaii is great but expensive- the + is you can take the wife and car!! Most likely you'll get Lejeune or CPen...... Just being real man.

Also- not a chance in hell I'd risk open contract. There are plenty of great MOS's out there that promote well, have good bonuses and give you a skill you can use after you get out... Pick one of THOSE!!!

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
The Marines are over strength and it is quite common to wait a few months now. They are over 203k strong and were not supposed to hit 202k for another 2 years and they are past it.

Correct. We were directed to run up manpower for a longer duration conflict, which we no longer have the sustained budget for. Even special operations budgets have been dramatically slashed, and that used to be a bottomless pit. This is why they have stopped involuntary recalls.

So when you guys do deployments/field rotations all you eat is MREs? i bet the Marines have cooks.

KBR mother ****er lol. No but seriously In my time it was only ever civis or other branches serving food. Although I love me some MREs.

Users who are viewing this thread