swore in yesterday- USMC

semperfimrn1

Established Member
I swore in yesterday to the Delayed Entry Program for the Marine Corps

Im officially a poolee. My ship date isn't until August so have plenty of time to kick it into gear and get in shape!

Just wanted to share with all of you!

blackfang

Established Member
The Marines are over strength and it is quite common to wait a few months now. They are over 203k strong and were not supposed to hit 202k for another 2 years and they are past it.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I waited over a year in the DEP so I could finish high school. Talk about a stress free year!

OP, you going east coast or west coast?

Congrats and good luck!

semperfimrn1

Established Member
im shooting for west coast or would love hawaii. i would even take japan but my wife isn't really feeling that one lol. and i hear the east coast is boring as hell

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
im shooting for west coast or would love hawaii. i would even take japan but my wife isn't really feeling that one lol. and i hear the east coast is boring as hell

I meant bootcamp. San Diego or Parris Island?

Japan is nice, even more so if you have a wife to take as its a great opportunity to see and do cool things.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
oh my bad. for boot i will be going to san diego

You're gonna freeze your ass off. I went in July, went thru MCT in November and I thought I was gonna die! lol, not to scare you or anything...

Be prepared to hike hike hike! Get used to boots if you arent already and start running and getting in overall better shape. The better shape you're in the less you get messed with and the easier it is when you get messed with.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Congrats man, thanks for stepping up and doing your part.

By the time I go to basic it'll be 14 months from the day I enlisted. I had to drop out of DEP and then re-enlist so that I wasn't in DEP for over a year. I leave in May for AF.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man, thanks for stepping up and doing your part.

By the time I go to basic it'll be 14 months from the day I enlisted. I had to drop out of DEP and then re-enlist so that I wasn't in DEP for over a year. I leave in May for AF.

You kinda got screwed, I had 13 months in the DEP and they just waived me for an extension. Time spent in the DEP counts towards your 8 years obligation, so if you plan on doing 4 and getting out then you only have 3 years left of inactive reserve.

Best of luck to both of you. :beer:

usmcrebel

Established Member

you'll probably end up at SD. what is your MOS going to be?

oh my bad. for boot i will be going to san diego

Have fun hollywood.:rolling:

trickflow coupe

Established Member
if your going in as an 03 you have a 95% chance of being west coast and no you dont get to pick if your 03xx but if you go in as anything else the USMC will stick you where they need you and you dont have a choice. East coast isnt that bad i spent 3.5 years at 29 palms and iv been out here at lejune for a little over 2 years and dont really mind either place

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
The delayed entry program is great. It shaves some time off your IRR when you're out, and there's no real reason not to do it. I was DEP'd for almost a year before I went to boot camp.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
For my MOS I'm shooting for 5811 but my recruiter is saying it is full. So the fiscal year opens in October i might push my date back two months so that I have better chances to become an MP so I can be a dog handler

CPRsm

You're gonna freeze your ass off. I went in July, went thru MCT in November and I thought I was gonna die! lol, not to scare you or anything...
Whaaaa? It's 65 here right now. Was it 60 ? :) I did min ein PI and then went to MCT over there also. THAT was COLD. Called off the 3 day war because no one had cold weather gear, it was 40 and raining. Sucked.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Whaaaa? It's 65 here right now. Was it 60 ? :) I did min ein PI and then went to MCT over there also. THAT was COLD. Called off the 3 day war because no one had cold weather gear, it was 40 and raining. Sucked.

MCT in November is when I was freezing my ass off, got below freezing plenty of days. It was quite toasty in july in San Diego though.

CPRsm

OP. Make sure you get your MOS in writing, they can promise it. Also you can pick East West or overseas guarantee. I got west coast. But then went to school in 29 palms, and did my entire enlistment there except for about 3 months for their wrestling program. THAT place gets toast tell you what. Nothing like the smell of a 115 deg shit processing plant.

Users who are viewing this thread