Switching to an O/R X-pipe

Reisjsr

Established Member
Hey everyone, just wondering how does a off road x pipe affect fueling with a supercharger? Long story short, I have a 14 coyote with a Roush Phase 3 supercharger. I’m ditching the Roush tune for a VMP which is ‘hopefully’ on the way to my inbox soon. I have a lethal X-pipe I am about to install. My question is how would not having the rear 02s turned off interact with the blower? I know I’ll get the CEL I just don’t want it leaning out trims or anything = danger.

I’m hoping to get the tune soon but regardless I need to install my Xpipe prior to data logging, so if I cruise with a CEL for a few days before I get the tune and x pipe installed will the CEL be the worst thing that can happen or am I risking more?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Gruca

Established Member
I believe only the front O2 sensors would affect that. I'm fairly certain the rear O2s are just for the cat efficiency. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I was under.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I believe only the front O2 sensors would affect that. I'm fairly certain the rear O2s are just for the cat efficiency. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I was under.

Yes the rear o2 sensors are narrow band and have nothing to do with measuring the AFR. The front o2 sensors do that. Like Gruca said the rears just check to see if the cats are working. Honestly I would wait till the x-pipe is installed and then flash the new tune, so you won’t get any CELs. If you drive with the x pipe installed before the new tune, it won’t be the end of the world, but you will get a CEL and they car may run a bit rough. Just make sure not to beat on it if you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread