• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Switching Samsung to Google

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by 13COBRA, Sep 7, 2019.

1. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member Established Member

Faster as far as benchmarks only? XS/XR are faster phones than the S/N 10 in benchmarks but were slower in opening numerous apps and keeping apps in the background aka everyday usage.

I dont dislike Apple, I used their hardware every day at work and pretty excited to use the new iPad OS. I own a 6th gen iPad. As a tablet, the iPad blows Android. Just prefer what Android offers in a phone that fits in my pocket nicely. It's my everything device.

2. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

I was the last to switch to apple. Loved my n900. With 4g I switched to htc m7 then Samsung then lg3. Lg was the best but nothing compared to the Nokia n900 that was now 5 years old. Had an issue between att/Verizon and had to pay for new phone. Switched to the new iPhone 6. Finally a phone that had call clarity of the Nokia. Smooth and clean. I have yet to experience a phone better.

My experience. To each their own!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

iphone whore here, way to easy to use. I'm on a regular 10. Preaching to the choir I'm sure.

_Snake_ and ON D BIT like this.
  4. L8APEX

L8APEX On my tummy..! Established Member

Technically you still could run windows on it dual boot or VM, but what's the point of buying a mac if you are just going run windows on it?
    Hopefully with Microsoft stepping in it might help bridge the Apple/Google gap.

Sent from my Note9

5. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

6. roadracer247

roadracer247 Well-Known Member Established Member

Don’t overlook the OnePlus 7 Pro. It’s a seriously impressive phone. I’m linking a quick overview of the phone just because I don’t feel like writing it all out.

Now I haven’t pulled the trigger yet myself, because like you, I wanna see what google has for us with the Pixel 4. So for me it’s OnePlus 7 Pro vs Pixel 4 (when released). Winner gets my money.

7. L8APEX

L8APEX On my tummy..! Established Member

Speaking of Linus, I came to the same conclusion as he did in this video.
    He can use practically any phone he wants and he has daily driven the Note 9 over the past year and may continue as of this video.
    Of course he drops the 9, but that's his M.O.

The 10 has some more features, newer hardware, but compared to the 9 it's hard to justify updating.
    I've got one of the 512gb Note 9s, the only things on the 10 I like over my phone are the in screen fingerprint reader (although it looses the iris scanner) and the better camera. I like having the bezel for the earpiece instead of vibrating the screen and phone itself.
    I'm holding onto the 9, besides it matches my DIB Mustang and I like my alcantara case.

Sent from my Note9
    806e9aeb14e32cb0d3b17d5db7d0c0d8.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. shurur

shurur Well-Known Member Established Member

well..if the google phone is anything like the nexus that I used to have, Their OS will be upgraded to the latest (whether you like it or not); so you will become their free SQA...until the final OS that the hardware can stand runs the thing to a grinding halt..causing you to slap the screen..breaking it....then snap it over your knee..causing it to catch fire as you kick it out the door....

Just saying....Note 9 I says..

9. roadracer247

roadracer247 Well-Known Member Established Member

Got stuck with one of those ****ers too. Forced to return it. It was a great phone. Well other than......you know.