Switching out the Recaros for stock buckets in the Track Pkg cars.

Shelbyman

Established Member
Ok...going to present this to see if anyone else has thought of doing this and how far have you got with it. Will share my experience so far and hope one of you has the answer to my question. I have the Recaros as I have the Track Pkg on my 16 350. I want to put in some standard cloth powered bucket seats I have. The Recaros are manual seats with only sensors for the air bags and shoulder harness in them. The wiring loom from the car to the seat is a direct fit for the power seats I want to install. BUT and its a BIG but...the 30amp power wire and ground wire are missing from the cars plug. Those wires go into 2 of the 4 larger corner fittings on the plug which are blocked off with some small removable green plugs to fill the holes. Now this is my question....does anyone KNOW for sure IF the power and ground wires are hidden in the loom thats in the car?? Can I strip back the loom covering and find them in there and simply plug them into the fitting that holds the sensor wires and hook up the seats so they would work? I know its a complicated thing but figured you guys know a lot about the car so figured this would be a good place to ask. Any help greatly appreciated.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Once you touch the factory original configuration you will void ANY electrical warranty issues you may have down the road. These are not yesterdays cars.

Unless you don't care about such things.

Good luck

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
I really doubt that ford would leave a ungrounded power wire tucked inside the wiring harness
Agreed. And typically every harness is built to print, I cant imagine them buying a complete harness and having the techs cut off plugs and re do the wire loom. Every foot of wire costs $$ sono reason for ford to give it away when they have sufficient volumes to warrant two unique harnesses

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Call Leno and see if he'll give you the lowdown. He had "essentially" the same thing done to his GT350.

Shelbyman

Established Member
I'm way ahead of you on this...been trying to find out a number for the Big Dog Garage...those are the guys that actually did the work and could tell me. You think Jay got his hands dirty with this...:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread