Switching jobs

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Well, it's time for a change. I've been a Retail Sales Rep for a major wireless carrier for a little over 2 years now. I hate the way this company is ran right now and this year's commission plan is even worse than last! So, I'm putting in my two week today and I've accepted a job working at a major performance parts manufacturer. I'll still be selling, which I don't mind doing. What I do mind doing is not being able to help a person and give them what they need because it will mess up my quota and I'll be in trouble for not meeting my other attainment goals. The new job has no quota, and you get paid for what you sell. The way it should be. I'll also be getting paid to talk about cars and racing! But the biggest part of the job is a double-edged sword. I'll be getting sent all over the country for races. I won't have to pay for anything, I'll just be gone from home about 2 weekends out of the month. I've never really traveled much, but I think it will be ok. Any insight from anyone on this? I'm just still scared of actually quitting a secure job and doing something else I guess.... Anyway, wish me luck! :beer:

Venom_Cobra

Venom_Cobra
Established Member
sounds like a great job to me! You get to talk all day about cars and they send to events with out you paying a dime hell I wouldnt be worried at all I would be celebrating!

Congrats on the job :beer:

I think your ex job is my current. Good luck to you !

I was thinking of doing the same, moving on, but i was thinking more along the lines of indirect.

You aren't alone, a few VPs left as well. Its going all traditional retail now.

zx3focus

Established Member
Hopefully it works out for you. I think it would be pretty cool to travel a little bit and talk about cars all the time.lol

Users who are viewing this thread