Sweet Fighter Jet Video

Lowflight

Established Member
Nice plane...my stepfather sent me that one a few weeks ago..the COBRA manuver is really cool, but the Russian pilots tell me that it is useless in a dogfight, but looks cool at airshows.

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Yes its Russian and you are 100% correct about the cobra maneuver being useless. The post stall maneuverablity is pretty cool, but not useful in real life. The F-22 has some vectored thrust technology in it, but they know that things like stealth, supercruise ability, and electronics matter more in the modern day fighter than pure power and maneuverablity. This plane would be shot down long before the post stall flight ability would be needed against one of our Jets. I'm not a fighter pilot, but I am a USAF pilot with a little aviation knowledge for anyone who cares.

Lance

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
That and their planes arent maintained worth a shit. Thats why they need most of those covers for the intakes for the Su 35 and Mig 29s and stuff being their runways are (or @ least a few years back) were covered w/ FOD.

And i agree on the Cobra maneauver being pointless. Most of those are just aerobatic maneauvers that hold no merit for actual combat. They're performed @ way too slow of speed. By the time he went to do that, an AMRAAM or Sidewinder would be chasing his ass. I remember back @ Langley when 2 MiG 29s made a visit. Parked them next to an F-15C and an F-16C and even being an Air Force brat, there was no doubting the fact that our boys would conquer against those things.

Silver 03 Cobra

When I was stationed at Pensacola NAS in the mid-80's, the E. German government offered twelve Mig-29's to the US government. The US Navy sent a crew of aviation experts to look at the Migs. They found that for every hour of flight required a hundred hours of maintenance. We turned them down.

5.4 speedster

Banned
I can believe it about the maintenence on those birds. However, in the 70's and early eighties we didn't really have an answer for the mig 25 foxbat. It was quite a bit faster than any bird we had at the time. It also had the first weapon system that could track multiple targets at the same time. It was a very primitive version of what the F-14 was built with. I think the SU-25 looks pretty cool though. Thanks for the vid!!!

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
cool vid...did anyone happen to hear/see a fighter jet over in Long Beach on Saturday...it was in Del Amo and and...damn I forgot the other street name but yeah...that thing sounded awsome and was freaking loud...it was flying pretty low and I was wondering what it was doing when it was flying around there...maybe there was a threat...:shrug:...but it sounded badass:beer:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Su-35 is the equivelant of our F-22....except they beat us to it. Thrust vectoring on the F-22 has a larger AOA and is capable of producing a tighter turn radius. The way i see it F-22 > Su-35. Ownage!

Users who are viewing this thread