Sway bar ?

CobraG

Established Member
My car has always felt loose at higher speeds so I finally took it to the shop. Got a call from the mechanic today who said the sway bar is missing. He said someone took the sway bar off (wasn't me) and did something with the radiator mounts.
I'm not sure what all that means, I'm guessing the previous owner had the car set up for something, maybe quarter mile ?
He said there are a lot of nice parts, lowering springs, headers, exhaust, etc. Just missing the sway bar. He said he took it out and got it up to around 80 and confirmed what I said, it feels real lose at higher speeds.

Anyway, why would someone take the sway bar off the front end?

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I should have also mentioned- considering it sounds like the car was modified for straight line duty, you should also take a quick look at the struts. Some drag oriented struts don’t have sway bar mounts.

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks for the replies and help. The car is still at the shop, I haven't heard from the mechanic since Monday. I might give him a call later and make sure he knows what all to look for.
@lOOKnGO, thanks for the offer, if he can't find one I'll hit you up.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Got the car back yesterday. I took it for a quick spin on the turnpike where the speed limit is 80. It did good, held the road a lot better. I crept up in the triple digits a little and it did fine.
It took a while, my mechanic had to track down the parts but he was able to find them all and get them installed.
Thanks for all your held and advice!

Users who are viewing this thread