Swapping to 99-01 Tailights

Mystic1199

Established Member
Ive hit google and on here and cant find an answer ...i know how to wire them up doing that today at work ...but cant find an answer for the flasher relay ? some guys are saying a ford ranger one some are saying an escape ..

anyone do this swap and know which relay i need to pick up from the parts store ? thanks

MTBSully

Established Member
EP-27 from napa was $16. Figured by the time I found one a a salvage yard I would have spent that amount in gas. Works perfectly. LOVE these tail lights

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Did the swap on my gt a while back. It's super easy. Just be careful on finding the right "green wire" at the end to cut. It is actually difficult finding the right one. This took the longest time out of everything in the swap was finding the right one. It's near the top of the steering column closer to the steering wheel. It is with a bundle of other wires. There is another green one towards the bottom of the steering column near the fire wall. That is the wrong wire. Don't cut it. Trust me.

Mystic1199

Established Member
very easy swap ...im an 12v installer so it was easy enough for me to solder and loom the wires in the back ...the relay was easy the wire to cut if you just meter it its the brake wire so probe it step on brake if it reads 12v then cut it ...

the amber goes great on white i love them .

Users who are viewing this thread