Swap for IRS?

98Vobra

Established Member
A friend of mine has a 03 Cobra and he likes to drag race. I we were thinking of swaping my 98 Cobra's rear end for his IRS as I do not drag race or race period for that mater. I mostly cruise on nice days and get on it sometimes. I have a Vortech S-trim with 430rwhp. I want to swap and help my friend out so he can launch hard and not break his axle, He is looking at hitting in the 10's. So my question is what all do I need to do this swap with him? Any help would be great.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I had quite a few posts in the 99-01 section. You can search for them, or the forum in general. Ive only seen 1-2 people with it in here, EA being one, and he doesnt post all that often.

98Vobra

Established Member
Thanks, So it can be done just not as easy as the 99 up cars. I think I will just stick with the solid axle.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
its the same as the 99 up cars. same chassis and suspension points. 4 bolts hold them in. if you have a lift you can set the rear end on a table and take the bolts out then raise the car off the rearend. would be fairly simple i think.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
go post in the new edge forum, alot of them have done the swap and know what all is involved. i havent heard anyone say it was difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread