SVT's 200+ mph video

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I remember an SVT video where they tested a 2013 GT500 to 200+ mph in Europe. Does anyone have a link to it?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Yup, there is not an actual video showing that they accomplished that speed, but I can tell you that it does make it to that speed and pretty fast ;-)

Manuel

Boss,
Have you seen any completely stock 2013/14s reach or exceed 200 MPH.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Full ABS stops @ 200mph?? I wanna see that shit!!

When you mash down on the brake peddle as hard as you can, the ABS will not allow any wheel to lock up. So you don't get tire smoke pouring out of all four corners when you slam on the brakes. So what makes you think it would be any different at 200 MPH?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
When you mash down on the brake peddle as hard as you can, the ABS will not allow any wheel to lock up. So you don't get tire smoke pouring out of all four corners when you slam on the brakes. So what makes you think it would be any different at 200 MPH?

Never said i thought it would be any different. I simply said i wanna see a full abs stop at 200mph. Why? Because ive never see a production car mash the brake pedal at 200mph.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Mashing a brake pedal at 200 probably isn't something I'd want to be the test driver for.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Boss,
Have you seen any completely stock 2013/14s reach or exceed 200 MPH.

Well mine will be fully stock next week and I would be up for the challenge, but I have NT05R's...no way in hell I am going to go to 200+++ with those tires.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Why not? Surely it will be exactly the same as doing it at 60mph with that fancy ABS all...

Sure. And the energy that has to be removed from the car is the same, too. No, it doesn't grow exponentially, never....
I had to brake down, back in the days, from 175mph to 60 on the Autobahn - thank god i had 1 1/4 mile to do that... it was scary .. so good luck with 200mph and don't forget to buy new rotors, pads and so on... after that... Maybe new tires, too?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.

I remember guys talking about warping their rotors on 99-04GTs under 'high speed' emergency stops.. aka..cops ahead
130-60 and just frying shit lol

Users who are viewing this thread