SVTP's "Man on the Ground" Perspective of NMRA Bradenton 2019

SVTP's "Man on the Ground" Perspective of NMRA Bradenton 2019

NMRA_Bradenton_2019_036.jpg

Let me guess, if you're on the East Coast and live anywhere north of Georgia you're sick of winter at this point. I know I'm ready for it to warm up a bit. Luckily, the weather in Bradenton, FL was fantastic for the Annual NMRA Spring Break Shootout last weekend. That race is always a welcome break from the chilly boredom of winter, and an opportunity to hang out with friends you haven't seen for a few months.

That's what always sticks in my mind about any NMRA race, the since of camaraderie. You'll see guys locked in a battle to climb through the standings offering help to their competitors to keep running. I personally saw a racer loan a fuel pump to a another racer he was going to have to face in the next round. Shit like that helps restore your faith in humanity a little bit.

As always, the racing action was exciting and the sweet smell of VHT was in the air. I have to say that this year's version of the Bradenton race had the largest car show field I've seen there. It was so large in fact, that I had to find a cold beer halfway through. Sometimes you just kick into survival mode and do whatever is necessary to make it through a few more rows of cars. I could continue on describing what you'll see at an NMRA race, but I think it would be best to just show you. So check out this walk through video of vendor area and the waning Sunday car show crowd (Saturday is the busiest day):

I'm already looking forward to Bradenton 2020. I know I'll get to see some impressive build running some very impressive times. I also know I'll get to hang out with great friends at Woody's River Roo and Motor Works Brewery. If you've never been out to an NMRA event, you should really think of heading out to one near you on a Saturday. If you can make it out to the Season Closer in Bowling Green, KY this Fall I think you'll be really happy. It, along with Bradenton, bookends the season and features the best the Ford drag racing crowd has to offer. I hope to see you out there. Until then, check out some pics from NMRA Bradenton 2019:

NMRA_Bradenton_2019_009.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_001.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_002.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_003.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_004.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_005.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_006.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_007.jpg
NMRA_Bradenton_2019_008.jpg

Nice video. Just watched on YouTube. Thanks for the walk around. Wished you could have spent more time at some of the vendors but I know you were showing peeps everything. Real appreciate you doing videos like this. Getting my travel list together.

That Green Bronco was lit as the cool kids say.

Nice video. Just watched on YouTube. Thanks for the walk around. Wished you could have spent more time at some of the vendors but I know you were showing peeps everything. Real appreciate you doing videos like this. Getting my travel list together.

That Green Bronco was lit as the cool kids say.

Thanks. Might do a more extensive tour at SEMA or PRI.

One of the best event reviews I've personally seen. Great photos, and that video is stellar. I only got through the first 5 minutes and was glued to it, but I have to run to the office so I'll finish watching it during lunch. Well done!!

I kept waiting for you to zoom the camera on some of the girls walking by. Looking forward to the next tour video.

Users who are viewing this thread