SVTPerformance Separation Anxiety : JLT Oil Separator Review

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Great review, I have one on my 03 cobra. I hardly ever much oil in mine. Then again I don't drive it a whole lot!

mustang_guy

Established Member
Hey guys, stupid question but if the oil seperator increases octane and A/F would that mean it would change the tune or require a tune?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That makes more sense. I accidentally came across an install video on YouTube where the guy claimed it changed octane levels and A/F ratios

What he probably meant was that allowing oil into the intake tract can lower the effective octane rating of the incoming fuel charge. Have an oil separator would correct that issue.

QUIKSVT

Established Member

QUIKSVT

Established Member
Well I installed it on the passenger side and have been driving it. It took all of 20 seconds to hook it up on that side. It is working great. there is oil in the can and none has passed into my intake. :pepper:
Josh

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have an update for you guys. We drove the SVTP GT to PRI in Orlando, FL this year. Before we left Myrtle Beach I emptied JLT Oil Separator. When we got back home I check it again.

This is what I found. It's about an ounce of oil. I'm glad this didn't make its way into the intake.

Article_Updates_SVTP_GT_003.jpg

We collected that much oil in just over 1,000 miles of mostly interstate driving with the cruise control engaged.

Article_Updates_SVTP_GT_008.jpg

dc2r

Established Member
bringing back an old thread.

i know we should be draining the separator regularly, but what would happen in the unlikely event that you fail to do so and it gets full? does it overflow?

Users who are viewing this thread