SVTPerformance Separation Anxiety : JLT Oil Separator Review

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
Any guesses what kind of oil we're running in the SVTP GT?

JLTwithoil0007-edit.jpg

[/center]

-SID297:beer:[/QUOTE]

Appears to be Royal Purple

FWP!

Established Member
The plastic inlet/outlet tubes are weak, hate to say it. Mine broke RIGHT before I was about to leave on a long road trip, I was really lucky I still had the OEM one in my basement. They sent me replacement plastic pieces, but it really should be done with brass, no question about it. Mine broke with almost NO effort.

Tucker

Anyone using this in conjunction with the JLT pre-filters? I just got the pre-filters installed, and I don't want to have to buy two of these, or run hose all over the place to connect each valve cover to the one catch can. By chance does anyone have the pre-filter on both pass and drivers side, AND also have a catchcan to show how much gets through w/ the pre-filters vs. stock?
The best set up is oil separator on driver side and pre filter on passenger side
Would this be a smart mod for an 08 Bullitt?
Yup
The plastic inlet/outlet tubes are weak, hate to say it. Mine broke RIGHT before I was about to leave on a long road trip, I was really lucky I still had the OEM one in my basement. They sent me replacement plastic pieces, but it really should be done with brass, no question about it. Mine broke with almost NO effort.
Brass would look awful and then we would get complaints about that.
I have had my kit on my car for 1 full year with several trips the the drag strip on slicks and at least 4 weekends on the road course with no issues.
The plastic fittings are temp and oil rated well beyond what they see on this car.

i'm sorry yours broke, but I did replace them no questions asked didn't I?:shrug: So I'm not sure I understand the need to come on and bash the product. If you wanted Brass fittings they can be found at any hardware store.
Not all products meet the standards of every customer, but the thing to do is make them as you like or return them. I thought I helped you out, but I guess not. Thanks for the support!:beer:
Will it work on my car with the Roush Charger??

You would need to get the base kit and add the needed fittings and cut it into your hose.

Thanks
Jay

FWP!

Established Member
I have had my kit on my car for 1 full year with several trips the the drag strip on slicks and at least 4 weekends on the road course with no issues.
The plastic fittings are temp and oil rated well beyond what they see on this car.

i'm sorry yours broke, but I did replace them no questions asked didn't I?:shrug: So I'm not sure I understand the need to come on and bash the product. If you wanted Brass fittings they can be found at any hardware store.
Not all products meet the standards of every customer, but the thing to do is make them as you like or return them. I thought I helped you out, but I guess not. Thanks for the support!:beer:

So what about the metal one-time-use clamps that clamp the OEM hose onto these plastic barbed fittings? Am I supposed to cut it off and use a worm screw clamp or something? The hose itself is some kind of hard plastic, will I be able to get it off and back on some brass fittings easily? And I'm sorry but brass would be a LOT better, these plastic fittings are all that's suspending that fairly heavy aluminum canister in mid-air, I don't care about the color of the fittings. I was a little disappointed to see that all I got was 2 sets of replacement fittings.

I'd highly suggest to anyone getting this to keep your OEM one handy, like in your trunk or something.

Tucker

So what about the metal one-time-use clamps that clamp the OEM hose onto these plastic barbed fittings? Am I supposed to cut it off and use a worm screw clamp or something? The hose itself is some kind of hard plastic, will I be able to get it off and back on some brass fittings easily? And I'm sorry but brass would be a LOT better, these plastic fittings are all that's suspending that fairly heavy aluminum canister in mid-air, I don't care about the color of the fittings. I was a little disappointed to see that all I got was 2 sets of replacement fittings.

I'd highly suggest to anyone getting this to keep your OEM one handy, like in your trunk or something.

1) the clamp will slide right off the broken hose. no cutting no effort.
2) depending on skill level you should be able to do this all very easily
3) Brass looks aweful, period, but you alway have the option to modify it how ever makes you happy
4) You have every right to return the product to me for a refund.

I've said it before and I'll say it agian, sorry this happened to you, but I thought sending you the fittings would make everything good, but I gues not.

As I said in #4, sent it on back and I'll gladly refund your card and we can move on.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks
Jay

Tucker

Because we sell out of each run soo fast we can't afford to do a group purchase. It's been out a full year, each machine run we increase the number built and still sell out.

The best we can do is to offer the SVT discount code SVTP5% to all the members here.
We also have many great vendors here and don't like to try and compete against them.

Sorry for the news, but I think the quality of the product will speak for itself.

Thanks
Jay

monoxboogy87

Established Member
I know this is a stupid question before I ask it, but should I get the passenger side as well as the driver side oil seperator. I took off the driver side pcv valve and there was oil dripping out of it!! But the passenger side seemed good to go. Let me know so I can purchase this stuff.
The best set up is oil separator on driver side and pre filter on passenger side

Yup

You would need to get the base kit and add the needed fittings and cut it into your hose.

Thanks
Jay

Last edited:

Tucker

I know this is a stupid question before I ask it, but should I get the passenger side as well as the driver side oil seperator. I took off the driver side pcv valve and there was oil dripping out of it!! But the passenger side seemed good to go. Let me know so I can purchase this stuff.

All depends on the car, mods, miles and if your getting oil from each side. So do some don't.
Best to check the hoses on each side to see if you need 1 or 2.

Thanks
Jay

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Just recieved my JLT oil seperator and I think it looks great. I had 2500 miles on the car before I put it on. Will the oil that got through before I installed the seperator affect my car in the long run?

Thanks JLT

JLTCC.jpg

Last edited:

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Just recieved my JLT oil seperator and I think it looks great. I had 2500 miles on the car before I put it on. Will the oil that got through before I installed the seperator affect my car in the long run?

Thanks JLT

JLTCC.jpg

You could run some seafoam through your motor by unhooking the oil seperator and putting the hose into the can of seafoam to suck it into the intake tract. Used it on my 5.0 and Cobra and its definitely safe and does a great job at cleaning for sure.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I ran the Seafoam into my intake tract let it sit for 15 min and started her up. Put the rest in the fuel tank. There was no smoke, white or any other color. I idled for a few minutes and ran her for a good 60 miles engaging the SC multiple times. I can't explain it, might even be in my head, but she runs very well, a tad better than before. Anyway, does the absence of any smoke mean anything bad?

Thanks

ILUVmy1998Cobra

Established Member
I ran the Seafoam into my intake tract let it sit for 15 min and started her up. Put the rest in the fuel tank. There was no smoke, white or any other color. I idled for a few minutes and ran her for a good 60 miles engaging the SC multiple times. I can't explain it, might even be in my head, but she runs very well, a tad better than before. Anyway, does the absence of any smoke mean anything bad?

Thanks

Same thing happened to me when I seafoam'd my 98 Cobra. I got all hyped up and ready to make a video...Then AT BEST got one big cloud of moderately thick smoke. However, I did notice some seriously smooth driving after. "in my head" it just seemed to all be working a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread