SVTPerformance Separation Anxiety : JLT Oil Separator Review

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
FIRST POST!

but yes, definately interested in a group buy!
I still think there must be a reason ford allows the oil back into the intake. Anybody think they have an answer?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
FIRST POST!

but yes, definately interested in a group buy!
I still think there must be a reason ford allows the oil back into the intake. Anybody think they have an answer?

Welcome to SVTP:beer:

It's cheaper to allow it run into the intake than it is to prevent it.

Tucker

Great write up Travis!

We have plug and play kits for many Mustangs as well as Base kits for you to build yourself.

As always SVT members get 5% off anything at JLT just by using the code SVTP5% at check out.

Thanks
Jay

black 10th vert

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP:beer:

It's cheaper to allow it run into the intake than it is to prevent it.

That, and the fact that the typical car owner will not want to deal with having to empty the catch can every few thousand miles as true enthusiasts will. Ford just wanted to keep the maintenance as low as possible, and not make the average buyer think there is something wrong with the car because it expels oil when most modern cars don't (at least that they know of).

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
that, and the fact that the typical car owner will not want to deal with having to empty the catch can every few thousand miles as true enthusiasts will. Ford just wanted to keep the maintenance as low as possible, and not make the average buyer think there is something wrong with the car because it expels oil when most modern cars don't (at least that they know of).

+1

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
yeah thats really the only reason I could think of as well.

Ok. Im sold on it. Wheres the cheapest place to buy it, thats if there is not a group buy?

tbi0904

Established Member
Looks great! I bought one (can't remember the manufacturer) for my 08GT but went the breather route instead. I use three (one per pcv and one on the oil fill tube) and I've been hard pressed to find any oil residue in the engine compartment. Looks like a great piece though and will be one of the first things I do when I swap my 08 for a 5.0 next year.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Looks great! I bought one (can't remember the manufacturer) for my 08GT but went the breather route instead. I use three (one per pcv and one on the oil fill tube) and I've been hard pressed to find any oil residue in the engine compartment. Looks like a great piece though and will be one of the first things I do when I swap my 08 for a 5.0 next year.

A breather is a bad idea, you introduce un-metered air into the engine and diminish the effectiveness of the PCV system.The intent of the PCV system is to reduce crankcase pressure manifested from blow-by during the engine cycle. Engine vacuum is much more efficient at drawing these gases out of the crankcase than venting to atmosphere. A properly working PCV system also creates a small vacuum on the crankcase that does slightly improve ring seal and power output. A PCV system also keeps a clean air flow through the crankcase that removes the moisture, unburnt fuel, and corrosive combustion by-products that 'flash-off' during operating temps. The engine needs a properly functioning PCV systerm and without a 'flush' through the crankcase, these by-products will re-condense back onto the internal parts and contaminate engine oil causing engine damage over time.

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
My black one for my 03 cobra just came in. It is a well built piece and has an excellent finish. Can't wait to install it.

Good write up guys

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Great write up! If only every modification was this easy to install.

Now about those 1/4 mile runs...

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Just ordered a passenger side black for my 2011 GT500. Thanks for the discount.

08KR525

Established Member
I bought the pair for my 500. I was impressed with the quality and construction of the product. It's piece of mind knowing I'm not gumming up engine.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Anyone using this in conjunction with the JLT pre-filters? I just got the pre-filters installed, and I don't want to have to buy two of these, or run hose all over the place to connect each valve cover to the one catch can. By chance does anyone have the pre-filter on both pass and drivers side, AND also have a catchcan to show how much gets through w/ the pre-filters vs. stock?

Users who are viewing this thread