SVTPerformance.com Exclusive :: MGW Mustang MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter Overview

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Last week the SVTP crew traveled to Augusta, GA to visit MGW Shifters in order to bring you this exclusive overview video of the MGW MT-82 Race-Spec Shifter for the 2011+ Getrag equipped Ford Mustangs. George@MGW explains how this design differs from the earlier model Race-Spec shifter, and how this iteration gives the driver the most top-loader like experience possible. I have been driving a Race-Spec equipped 2015 Mustang for over a month now and every time I actuate this shifter it honestly reminds me of driving a Terminator. It really does give you the experience of driving a car with a T-56 transmission. The S197 and S550 Mustangs isolate the driver so much from the enjoyable nuances of performance driving experience that gaining back some mechanical feel is a real breath of fresh air. Simply put, no other shifter available is going to make your MT-82 transmission shift as accurately, precisely, and as surely as the MGW Race-Spec.

Remember, if you want to be the first to buy the MGW Race-Spec you have to get in on the SVTPerformance.com Exclusive Pre-Order. We have a few slots left so be sure to check out the Pre-Order/Preview thread here:

::SVTP Exclusive Pre-Order Details::

[video=youtube;C5CvOBauUc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5CvOBauUc8[/video]​

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I ordered my car not even two weeks ago so no rush for me. Maybe I'll wait a couple more days to order so the guys with cars can go ahead and get them installed. Anyone know what the cutoff date is to order with your presale code?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I ordered my car not even two weeks ago so no rush for me. Maybe I'll wait a couple more days to order so the guys with cars can go ahead and get them installed. Anyone know what the cutoff date is to order with your presale code?

There's not a firm date yet, but I'll check.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Travis, well done clip. Thanks for this one.

George, that was very smooth. Your knowledge of this product, machine work, ability to spin a wrench in a way only experienced tradesmen can, the way you banged those shifters in with a whack of the palm, all while talking on the fly - absolutely top notch. You really have this thing nailed down solid.

See you next week.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I do not have the skill or equipment to install this myself. The only thing that concerns me is this - Will a mustang performance shop be able to install one of these correctly if they have never installed one before?

Speedwagon

Established Member
eeeeyep ... just waiting on uncle sam to bring me my funds then I'm going git me of those bad boyz.... :banana:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I do not have the skill or equipment to install this myself. The only thing that concerns me is this - Will a mustang performance shop be able to install one of these correctly if they have never installed one before?

Any competent mechanic should have no issue installing it. If you're up to driving to Augusta, GA MGW will install it for free.

How difficult is the install without a lift??

Depends on how high you can get the car off the ground. The higher the better.

Speed Junky

Established Member
SID297, was the deadline date PM you sent out to everyone on the preorder list? I got the PM but already placed my order.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Any competent mechanic should have no issue installing it. If you're up to driving to Augusta, GA MGW will install it for free.

Depends on how high you can get the car off the ground. The higher the better.

Hmmm.. I think the lift I'm getting only goes to 22" off the ground. Should be enough wouldn't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread