SVTP Tool-Tech | Lisle 20750 Remote Starter Switch | Reviewed

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SVTP Tool-Tech | Lisle 20750 Remote Starter Switch | Reviewed

Starter_Trigger_008.jpg

Sometimes you need an extra set of hands when none are available. That’s when a tool like we’re reviewing today comes in handy. It’s a remote starter trigger. If you’ve spent any time at all on YouTube, you’ve likely seen a particular ‘Tuber use his (which he refers to as his “Lone Wolf 2000”. His continued use of a starter trigger, while reviving long forgotten rides, shows just how handy one of these things can be.

A remote start trigger isn’t a particularly sophisticated device. It’s essentially just a finger activated 12V switch. It works by connecting the circuit across your starter control solenoid, which is usually easily accessible under the hood on older Fords. This allows you to skip running around to the driver’s seat in order to turn the key. Yes; you could just jump the solenoid with a screw driver, but that may force you to stand in a particular position to crank the engine over. The remote trigger will allow you to move freely around the front of the vehicle in order to keep an eye on things. This is super helpful when you’re trying to spot an issue.

So what benefit is it really to have one of these in your toolbox? First, if gives you a super easy way to crank the engine without having the ignition engaged. This can be super helpful when diagnosing certain issues. Second, if you’re trying to start something finicky it will allow you to keep an eye out for issues while the engine is cranking over. And finally, it saves you time. Nobody wants to make 52 trips around the vehicle to crank the key and squirt some ether into the intake. To me, that alone is worth the price of admission.

There’s a ton of different versions of these things out there, and they all function about the same. I happened to purchase a Lisle 20750. I’ve always liked the Lisle brand, because they’ve never let me down. Their trigger flows right along with the quality I’ve come to expect from them. It was a fairly cheap pick (about $17-18) from Amazon. If you’re interested in picking one up, I linked the model I bought below:

Starter_Trigger_003.jpg
Starter_Trigger_004.jpg
Starter_Trigger_005.jpg
Starter_Trigger_007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread