SVTP Tool-Tech | Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner

SVTP Tool-Tech | Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner

Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_001.jpg

Spring is upon us and Ford Performance Vehicles are once again hitting the streets after a long winter nap. However, many of them may wake to find they are now suffering from gummed up fuel systems. It you stored your car over the winter with fuel of questionable quality you may just find yourself a victim. Modern fuel formulations, due to blended ethanol, are a major culprit here.

Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_002.jpg

Not a bad idea to drop a bottle of this stuff in at every oil change.

So if you find yourself with clogged or weak injectors, what can you do? Well the cheapest and easiest thing to try is a fuel system cleaner. There are literally hundreds of different cleaners on the market, and the vast majority of them are garbage. I can’t name all the ones that do work, but I can tell you that Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner is one of them. I’ve used it with great success in my 04 SVT F-150 Lightning.

Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_003.jpg

When's the last time you changed your fuel filter? It's probably due.

Last year about this time my Lightning was running a little odd. I thought the issue may have been old gas because I hadn’t drive the truck much lately. So I picked up a few gallons of EtOH-Free 93 Octane and mixed in a bottle of Chevron Techron, check out the results below:

Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_004.jpg
Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_005.jpg
Explorer_Chevron_Cleaner_006.jpg

After blowing that junk (not sure it was fuel related but it probably shouldn't be in there any way) out the exhaust and changing the plugs she was running good as new. The best part of this story is the price. A bottle of Chevron Techron is about $10-14 (it’s often on sale) and can be bought at basically every auto parts store. I’ve gotten into the habit of pouring in a bottle every time I do an oil change. I consider it a little cheap preventative maintenance. If you don't want to head to the store, you can order it in the links below:

https://amzn.to/2W5VDbM

-SID297

I got 5 gallons of liquor today...

We can’t buy liquor at Costco up here in Montana. Everything still has to go through a state store and we have stupid booze tax. So I have it smuggled in from Vegas whenever I have a friend passing through. Costco French vodka is made by grey goose and it’s $23-24 a bottle. Grey goose up here is $60+ a bottle. I need to make a trip, my garage stash is almost gone

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

We can’t buy liquor at Costco up here in Montana. Everything still has to go through a state store and we have stupid booze tax. So I have it smuggled in from Vegas whenever I have a friend passing through. Costco French vodka is made by grey goose and it’s $23-24 a bottle. Grey goose up here is $60+ a bottle. I need to make a trip, my garage stash is almost gone

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

We give the Canadian Whisky to a bunch of people as gifts. It's basically Crown Royal at half the price. I like their spiced rum and American vodka.

Users who are viewing this thread