SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Why? … down 46% in 90 days ….

Yes, well-run company bought another company during a market downturn. The company has an excellent finance sheet. The macro-outlook for oil is strong.

That is exactly the kind of company I want to buy. Opportunity for capital appreciation and strong dividend = winnings.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Oh another Weather man “ I want to “

Got it.

Not the first or 20th time we’ve seen “ want to”

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
"The global signals from the UK’s mini-budget matter," UBS chief economist Paul Donovan said. "Modern monetary theory has been taken into a corner by the bond markets and beaten up. Advanced economy bond yields are not supposed to soar the way UK gilt yields rose."

"This also reminds investors that modern politics produces parties that are more extreme than either the voter or the investor consensus. Investors seem inclined to regard the UK Conservative Party as a doomsday cult."

VegasMichael

Established Member
Some of the big financial stocks are looking interesting. Granted, some are interest rate sensitive, but several are at multi-year lows with a nice dividend. If your time horizon is long, which mine is, they deserve consideration.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Some of the big financial stocks are looking interesting. Granted, some are interest rate sensitive, but several are at multi-year lows with a nice dividend. If your time horizon is long, which mine is, they deserve consideration.
I agree simply because calling a bottom is very hard for any particular stock. But, the current landscape does not inspire confidence. Every time I think about pulling the trigger on INTC, it drops more.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I agree simply because calling a bottom is very hard for any particular stock. But, the current landscape does not inspire confidence. Every time I think about pulling the trigger on INTC, it drops more.
I've crossed INTC off my list of possibilities. It's been underperforming the S&P 500 for a few years now and the PC market is diminishing which has always been their bread and butter. I'm only interested in buying equities that I think will outperform the S&P otherwise it's not worth the risk to me.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I've crossed INTC off my list of possibilities. It's been underperforming the S&P 500 for a few years now and the PC market is diminishing which has always been their bread and butter. I'm only interested in buying equities that I think will outperform the S&P otherwise it's not worth the risk to me.

If they can maintain the dividend through the recession, then $25 looks attractive to me, watch and wait I guess.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You might not have to wait long. It hit $26 bucks today.

Had this in this morning, just in case. I'll look it over tomorrow and decide if I want to renew.

Picture1dfg.png

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
you fellas in KOLD might want to keep an eye on /NG, she’s creepin up again

also, does anyone plan on picking up NVDA cheap or are we expecting it much cheaper?

what’re you guys eyeing

MG0h3

Established Member
you fellas in KOLD might want to keep an eye on /NG, she’s creepin up again

also, does anyone plan on picking up NVDA cheap or are we expecting it much cheaper?

what’re you guys eyeing

I’m just going after staples that are off 30-40%.

Amazon; haven’t dipped back in yet
Apple; same

Major holdings are BHP and MO for the dividend.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread