SVTP stock pick thread.

Adower

Established Member
I hope markets drop even more so I can pick up shares at a lower price.

Carl Icahn's limited partnership, IEP, currently yields 15%. I'm not chasing any big dividend players though. And I don't trust Carl. Carl only cares about Carl.
Same here. I've got 25 years till retirement. Drop baby drop!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb question, but what is causing credit card companies to keep falling in the red with interest rates climbing?

Sure, people may spend less on frivolous purchases moving forward but with variable interest rates increasing and millions in CC debt it seems like their profit margin should stay strong.
People still got to buy food, gas, and other essential needs. And cash is becoming less and less abundant.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Dumb question, but what is causing credit card companies to keep falling in the red with interest rates climbing?

Sure, people may spend less on frivolous purchases moving forward but with variable interest rates increasing and millions in CC debt it seems like their profit margin should stay strong.
People still got to buy food, gas, and other essential needs. And cash is becoming less and less abundant.
Are you talking about their stock prices or their balance and income sheets? Almost all stocks are well off their 52 week highs.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

The delinquent and charge offs will increase in a recession.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you talking about their stock prices or their balance and income sheets? Almost all stocks are well off their 52 week highs.
Stocks. Weather man answered it below.
The delinquent and charge offs will increase in a recession.

Thank you. Obvious answer right in front of me.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Two hours till open and futures are down almost 400 points. I took some new positions last week and might take some new ones again if things get ugly today. I'm also going to add to my index funds via my 403 and 457 today too.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Been reading up on TIPX and TIPZ. Thinking about parking some cash there, but think they could drop a bit more. Income and possible capital gains play. Everything is so goddam crazy right now.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Just got my first biannual dividend from BHP @$2450.

Not huge but I’m going to add more.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
John Rockefeller said: “Do you know the only thing that gives me pleasure? It's to see my dividends coming in.”

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I ended up at 60% cash a few days ago. Some things I would like to buy, but not wanting to step in front of the train. Watchful waiting. I did shorten my oil position, so even I get lucky once in a while.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Wish I would’ve held my KOLD. ‍♂️

I laugh at the warning I get from TD Ameritrade when I pull that up.

Leveraged, Inverse, and Commodity ETPs
Not suitable for most investors. Investing in these types of exchange-traded products (ETPs) involves heightened risks, including higher margin requirements, leverage, derivatives, and complex investment strategies. These securities are designed for daily use only, and are generally not intended to be held overnight or long term. Learn more about trading these products

MG0h3

Established Member
Increased BHP stash to 1000 shares.

Might do more Altria but man. Their P/E is in the 40s vs BHP @7.

Bought 500 KOLD because screw it. Usually don’t do leveraged stuff but the trend seems favorable.

One GOV ****up and we’re screwed lol.

Users who are viewing this thread