SVTP stock pick thread.

q6543

Established Member
Next week's raise is reckless... they need to be on pause and digest.

If they think they're going .75 and .75... that's where thing could finally break.

And I'm a Kool aid drinking permabull.
All that aside.... treasuries are the buy for awhile for me. $TLT

VegasMichael

Established Member

If they think they're going .75 and .75... that's where thing could finally break.

I've got some cash in a Vanguard money market fund as well as "high" yield savings account with AMEX.

I thought the market would have reacted more positively to the tentative contract signed with the rail lines. Still has to be union approved though.

MG0h3

Established Member

Why would you be a permabull?

The Fed has said they are going to raise Sept, Nov, and Dec. Also that they will continue until inflation significantly trends down for months and they see employment weaken.

I scratch my head at people’s surprise with the continued rate hikes. Even if CPI had come down, they’re still gonna raise. They’ve specifically said they will.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Why would you be a permabull?
Screenshot_20220915-141620_TradingView.jpg

Because 100 plus years of up and to the right.
Bears get to be right once and awhile... bulls get to be wealthy.

Also just casually glancing at this chart makes me still think the bottom is in, we are not ramping volume like the 2008 style crash.
I see a bullish handle like the pattern at the 1985 mark.

MG0h3

Established Member
FDX down almost $40 premarket, might be a bumpy day guys.

Damn. Brutal but expected.

I’m about 80% cash right now.

Also looking at buying a semi. That industry is hurting for people. Trying to dissect how that industry and regional shipping/getting products to stores is still booming but Fed/ex is going the other way.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Damn. Brutal but expected.

I’m about 80% cash right now.

Also looking at buying a semi. That industry is hurting for people. Trying to dissect how that industry and regional shipping/getting products to stores is still booming but Fed/ex is going the other way.

Discretional purchasing and by extension those packages have to be dropping significantly along with higher operating costs.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yea, at open I will sell everything except for a few long term stuff.

Then the market will shoot up 5%

LOL, I wouldn't take that bet, LOL. Everything sure seems to be pointing to a pretty good downdraft to me for the next few months at least. Food prices at the grocery store are just ****ing crazy, that alone is affecting budgets.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, I wouldn't take that bet, LOL. Everything sure seems to be pointing to a pretty good downdraft to me for the next few months at least. Food prices at the grocery store are just ****ing crazy, that alone is affecting budgets.

Yea, inflation is out of control and I have a feeling the Fed may do a 100bps jump next week sending the market in a nice spin.
Think that 13.5% inflation on food is BS. Around here it feels like 25% for the same shit.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Futures down 254 points already. Actually started to build long term positions in two stocks on Wednesday. First individual stocks I've purchased in several years. Will gradually add to those positions and perhaps add a couple new ones if things keep trending downward.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Futures down 254 points already. Actually started to build long term positions in two stocks on Wednesday. First individual stocks I've purchased in several years. Will gradually add to those positions and perhaps add a couple new ones if things keep trending downward.

Averaging down is not a bad plan, I have been thinking along those lines on a few. INTC especially.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Averaging down is not a bad plan, I have been thinking along those lines on a few. INTC especially.
INTC looks like a straight out value play now. Good balance sheet, nice dividend yield of 5%. Little debt. It's practically selling for book value.
META might be a good value play as well but the Zuckerberg's metaverse is still a ways away.
Altria is paying a 9% yield now and tends to stay solid in downward markets. Not sure how sustainable that dividend is though.

MG0h3

Established Member
INTC looks like a straight out value play now. Good balance sheet, nice dividend yield of 5%. Little debt. It's practically selling for book value.
META might be a good value play as well but the Zuckerberg's metaverse is still a ways away.
Altria is paying a 9% yield now and tends to stay solid in downward markets. Not sure how sustainable that dividend is though.

Think I have 500 Altria.

Check BHP. Very stable and still around 10%

VegasMichael

Established Member
No way the market is going to bounce back when the fed has another 2 interest rate hikes in the next 3 months.
I hope markets drop even more so I can pick up shares at a lower price.
Think I have 500 Altria.

Check BHP. Very stable and still around 10%

Carl Icahn's limited partnership, IEP, currently yields 15%. I'm not chasing any big dividend players though. And I don't trust Carl. Carl only cares about Carl.

Users who are viewing this thread