SVTP stock pick thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
Anyone think now is a decent time to buy cruise stocks?
Gas price dropping, COVID becoming like the "flu".
Royal Caribbean was at 80 before the gas price surge. Went to 30 and is now at 42 for example

Of course the fears of recession and people actually stopping spending money on travel/vacation is a worry.

I’m a little skeptical on leisure/vacation stuff.

Rental cars are ridiculous. Buying food along the way is ridiculous.

Time will tell. Unusual times.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Boy now that we have a few weeks behind us that 3600 on the S&P was a slam dunk no brainer.

The market realized...oh yeah rate hike are BULLISH A.F.!!!

Def shook alot of people

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Anyone think now is a decent time to buy cruise stocks?
Gas price dropping, COVID becoming like the "flu".
Royal Caribbean was at 80 before the gas price surge. Went to 30 and is now at 42 for example

Of course the fears of recession and people actually stopping spending money on travel/vacation is a worry.

Cruise stocks are toxic waste, they had to dilute and leverage to maximum to survive.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

MG0h3

Established Member
If inflation keeps going, I think all these subscription services that cost ever more are gonna get kicked in the nuts.

Coworker that rents a room off me part of the year just shitcanned his Direct TV now subscription.

Want to say it was 59 or 69 when he moved in two yrs ago.

Just hit 99 and he said screw it.

I have noticed I’m more productive around the house now, so that’s a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The economic data is a head scratcher, but I am fully invested. I had sold off some weaker looking stocks and continue to look for tried and true performers that have weathered other downturns in the market.

I am going to pick up a full position in CSWC Capital Southwest on Monday. I like their track record, their current attitude on the economy, their current level of leverage and their current dividend of 9.17% + they pay specials. Unusual for a BDC, they do show steady stock appreciation over time also. They have pulled back from their 52-week high and look attractive to me.

This would be a pick for people looking for steady income, not really a capital appreciation play for sure.

I also like that they are based in TX.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
The economic data is a head scratcher, but I am fully invested. I had sold off some weaker looking stocks and continue to look for tried and true performers that have weathered other downturns in the market.

I am going to pick up a full position in CSWC Capital Southwest on Monday. I like their track record, their current attitude on the economy, their current level of leverage and their current dividend of 9.17% + they pay specials. Unusual for a BDC, they do show steady stock appreciation over time also. They have pulled back from their 52-week high and look attractive to me.

This would be a pick for people looking for steady income, not really a capital appreciation play for sure.

I also like that they are based in TX.
What do you mean by "full position"?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
What do you mean by "full position"?

I should further clarify that I am a firm believer in the rule of 44 equal weight positions for investing. Although, I usually run around 39 to 42 individual positions. Those positions are spread across multiple sectors. The basic gist of doing this is that you have one nest egg, and you never give one single company, board, CEO, COO or calamity a chance to take your nest egg out.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I swear to god, does anyone else have a PTSD attack when they read headlines like this coming out of China!

Dozens Of People In China Infected With Newly-Identified 'Langya' Virus Carried By Shrews​

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Didn't review the entire thread, hope it's not a repeat:

BLOCK INC​

NYSE : SQ​

30 June 2022 - bought @ $ 59.86
12 Aug. 2022 - closed @ $ 87.95

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Didn't review the entire thread, hope it's not a repeat:

BLOCK INC​

NYSE : SQ​

30 June 2022 - bought @ $ 59.86
12 Aug. 2022 - closed @ $ 87.95

Good trading. Does that company ever have a covid price trace!

dunndeal

Established Member
I should further clarify that I am a firm believer in the rule of 44 equal weight positions for investing. Although, I usually run around 39 to 42 individual positions. Those positions are spread across multiple sectors. The basic gist of doing this is that you have one nest egg, and you never give one single company, board, CEO, COO or calamity a chance to take your nest egg out.
My investment philosophy is similar. Every great company runs the risk of hiring a crappy CEO, look at what Gil Amelio did to AAPL. Since Andy Grove INTC has a string of CEOs who have let the company lag far behind the industry. AMD is eating their lunch.

DarkMach1

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread