SVTP stock pick thread.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Weird. I'd be making damn sure I have a Plan B if my company was giving me penny stocks instead of company stock or cash.

Company I work for isn’t public..

It was a “ we are gifting you shares of X company we invest in that we’ve already paid taxes on if you’ve worked here for X amount of time “

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Going to sell most of my microsoft stock by friday.
Debating to sit on it, or invest it into something else. Just can't see tech stocks doing well this year. Already lost enough in the tech field.

MG0h3

Established Member
Going to sell most of my microsoft stock by friday.
Debating to sit on it, or invest it into something else. Just can't see tech stocks doing well this year. Already lost enough in the tech field.

I just bought it a few weeks ago along with a bunch of other tech. Prob gonna be stuck there for awhile waiting for all of this to clear up.

They sure have taken a beat down

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cobracide

Established Member
A little late to be getting out of tech. It's at bottom just before inflation starts cooling off. This will probably happen by the end of the year. Stores have over-inventoried so retail there should come down shortly. Interest rates will cool used car sales and we are already seeing some of that. So there are already signs. The lowering of prices in the goods sector are the first signs of inflation cooling off. FYI - MS is a buy right here, but as stated - the investment will need some time to turn around and mature. Also commodities are lowering.

b3b8afa17c17d4a3718cf6c08ac5184e.png

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought it a few weeks ago along with a bunch of other tech. Prob gonna be stuck there for awhile waiting for all of this to clear up.

They sure have taken a beat down

I bought most of my tech years ago so luckily I didn't buy high but I just got a feeling we got one more drop due to the 2nd quarter numbers-whenever they are released.

A little late to be getting out of tech. It's at bottom just before inflation starts cooling off. This will probably happen by the end of the year. Stores have over-inventoried so retail there should come down shortly. Interest rates will cool used car sales and we are already seeing some of that. So there are already signs. The lowering of prices in the goods sector are the first signs of inflation cooling off. FYI - MS is a buy right here, but as stated - the investment will need some time to turn around and mature. Also commodities are lowering.

b3b8afa17c17d4a3718cf6c08ac5184e.png

Yea, still would net a healthy profit from it even if I sold now, but definitely delayed on selling which I should of done months ago. But, you make a good point of just staying in there now since it may be at the bottom with some upside later.
I'm just on the fence on selling before the 2nd quarter GPD numbers come out and maybe jump back in a week later.

cobracide

Established Member
I bought most of my tech years ago so luckily I didn't buy high but I just got a feeling we got one more drop due to the 2nd quarter numbers-whenever they are released.

Yea, still would net a healthy profit from it even if I sold now, but definitely delayed on selling which I should of done months ago. But, you make a good point of just staying in there now since it may be at the bottom with some upside later.
I'm just on the fence on selling before the 2nd quarter GPD numbers come out and maybe jump back in a week later.
Trust me - I feel your pain. I'm In the same boat. It's a really difficult market right now. Hindsight is always 20/20 but the fact is - the pros can't even call a top or bottom. The NASDAQ has been in decline the entire year of 2022. Correction territory since Feb or March. The silver lining is that taking the average correction length - we are probably half way through this.

NASAQ
1656525555148.png

If Interest rate hikes induce a recession then we are looking on average a 16 month long bear market.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
POWW rocked the house on its last earning report. If you want a safe haven with growth potential during a recession, hard to beat, they are firing on all cylinders. Their preferred share paying 8.32% right now isn't bad either.

MG0h3

Established Member
POWW rocked the house on its last earning report. If you want a safe haven with growth potential during a recession, hard to beat, they are firing on all cylinders. Their preferred share paying 8.32% right now isn't bad either.

I was day trading that stock a year or so ago. Did pretty well.

I’ve never researched preferred shares.

Looks like it’s about 6x multiple for price and P/E ratio.

Do they move the same as the regular shares? Are they directly tied or can the move independently somehow?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I was day trading that stock a year or so ago. Did pretty well.

I’ve never researched preferred shares.

Looks like it’s about 6x multiple for price and P/E ratio.

Do they move the same as the regular shares? Are they directly tied or can the move independently somehow?

The preferred should not move much. It might go up some because it is considered a safer preferred to hold with the companies improved balance sheet and people are looking for safe income.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Bought more USAC. 12.5% divvy is strong and maybe a little capital appreciation on top.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
What're youse all using to trade?

I've got my longterm sorted (like 20yr+), trying to get my feet wet with some shorter term trading

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
What're youse all using to trade?

I've got my longterm sorted (like 20yr+), trying to get my feet wet with some shorter term trading

TD Ameritrade, but that was bought by Schwab. Most of my research is on SeekingAlpha, not a trading platform.

Users who are viewing this thread