SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Maxxed my LOTZ position at $1.91. When car makers get supply snafu's ironed out, might make some money.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I’ll leave this right here

Attachments

• 0F367F07-3783-4ACB-8336-C58A7CAFC16F.jpeg
    0F367F07-3783-4ACB-8336-C58A7CAFC16F.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 78

q6543

Established Member
Yeah, that NFLX earnings was interesting.
They lost 1 Billion dollars just by not hedging the US dollar. Crazy oops

Just raise prices to 49.99 a month like cable used to cost already

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Man, my folder is so red... WTF, lol. Even my new "safe" buy NVDA has tanked in the span of a couple weeks on no news or fundamental changes. It's crazy.

q6543

Established Member
Sick 3 Trillion dollar opex today, unwinding some leverage for sure.

Can't wait to see J POWELL on Wednesday.
We've flipped from inflation to deflation without 1 actual hike... even though 10 Yr made it to 1.8%

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Man, my folder is so red... WTF, lol. Even my new "safe" buy NVDA has tanked in the span of a couple weeks on no news or fundamental changes. It's crazy.

Yup. Honestly the only people making money are the big dogs shorting

I’m waiting for feb 14 to see what my best egg will do. If that tanks.. well I’m ****ed for a while and I rebuild.

But it seems all of us.. in every sector.. it’ll just be a waiting game at this point

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

We've flipped from inflation to deflation without 1 actual hike... even though 10 Yr made it to 1.8%

Wishful thinking. The pain still has a long way to go. The price increases are just starting and wage inflation is on fire. Now add in $100+ a barrel oil into the mix and the Biden administration couldn't ****ed things up more if they had tried. And, we are importing huge amounts of Russian oil, what a ****ing joke.

MG0h3

Established Member

Stock market and inflation are not tied together .

Is that what your suggesting or maybe I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
No.. just that the FED literally jawboned the inflation down on words. They haven't even needed to act.

Sets up for some awesome market action though next week!!

2 separate statements between that and the massive expiry.

The market priced in 7 rate hikes with a 50 bip cannon to start AND 50 Billion/month balance sheet unwind.

once this correction fully prices, I think we never see these lows again. That's why I'm cranking up my 401k this week to take advantage of this generational buying opportunity.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No.. just that the FED literally jawboned the inflation down on words. They haven't even needed to act.

The market priced in 7 rate hikes with a 50 bip cannon to start AND 50 Billion/month balance sheet unwind.

once this correction fully prices, I think we never see these lows again. That's why I'm cranking up my 401k this week to take advantage of this generational buying opportunity.

The market (partly) is reacting to the mismatch between the Feds action and the reality that it is reacting to slowly and weakly to what is actually happening with inflation. The market has only just begun to react to rate hikes that haven't happened yet.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, that NFLX earnings was interesting.
They lost 1 Billion dollars just by not hedging the US dollar. Crazy oops

Just raise prices to 49.99 a month like cable used to cost already
Could you elaborate a little more(ELI5)? i heard they raised their prices, saw their earnings come out and didn’t seem far off from expected at all.

q6543

Established Member
52 Trillion in the bond market isn't sweating the 9 Trillion dollar balance sheet runoff, or inflation... it really is transitory. (I know you disagree)

They'll bust out yield curve control if they need to,, and sell off short terms then buy up long terms on the back end.

I don't believe we see a 4% long bond...ever.

On Netflix I was joking, they did raise prices but not enough... they're just fighting saturation and competition, YOY comps are rough looking back at the pandemic. Same reason inflation will turndown.

The 1 billion dollar loss is from being in the global market and the dollar gained so much strength last quarter that the money they took in from other currencies COST them 1 billion.

MG0h3

Established Member

What awesome market action do you expect next week?

Up or down?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Both, volatility to sell.
Vix is damn near 30, so basically the market needs 2% swings...... premiums will be juicy heading into the Powell presser.

Followed by massive volatility crush and theta decay.

Last edited:

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Both, volatility to sell.
Vix is damn near 30, so basically the market needs 2% swings...... premiums will be juicy heading into the Powell presser.

Followed by massive volatility crush and theta decay.
It’s fun playing the spy options with these intraday swings.

Users who are viewing this thread