SVTP stock pick thread.

q6543

Established Member
Why would you conflate my portfolio assets?
I have allocation to bonds as well.

You write as if I'm a maxi.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
May try and buy SMG today, blood in the water and management admits mistakes and taking hard actions to get back on track...gonna watch it and ponder is the dividend safe.

MG0h3

Established Member
P/E looks good but damn, that trading volume.

First Ive ever crossed this one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RUNVS?

Established Member
Waiting see if we get the traditional "Santa Claus" bump in December and January. Maybe I'll be able to trim my portfolio and increase my cash reserves. :confused:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Why the huge price drop in SMG the past year? It's gone from 180 to 43 a share.

Covid peak with everyone staying home, made a huge bet on cannabis production (legal) and got smacked by the rapid increase in illegal production that many states do nothing about anymore. And it was a tough spring this year with weather that segwayed straight into recession talk so dealers are running lean inventory, which left a mountain of fertilizer at SMG.

My order filled at $42, so we'll see how smart I am, LOL. The dividend is definitely at risk, but a lot of runway for capital appreciation, if leadership actions are effective.

EDIT: I should say the legal cannabis companies got smacked by the illegal production and SMG by extension.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
To be fair, many stocks saw a huge surge when things reopened. Look at pre covid and it’s not so drastic.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Not in this case. This stock started its upward surge right when lockdown happened in March of 2020. It started tanking in May of 2021 while the overall market was still rising and has lost almost 75% of its market value since then.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not in this case. This stock started its upward surge right when lockdown happened in March of 2020. It started tanking in May of 2021 while the overall market was still rising and has lost almost 75% of its market value since then.

They definitely got rolled by a perfect storm of a bad business decision coupled with all the reasons for people not to buy fertilizer combined with businesses responding to recession threat.

Which, you hope equals opportunity.

VegasMichael

Established Member
They definitely got rolled by a perfect storm of a bad business decision coupled with all the reasons for people not to buy fertilizer combined with businesses responding to recession threat.

Which, you hope equals opportunity.
Their revenues have been rising though. Seems way oversold which always makes me think there's something I don't know. Any idea what percentage of shares are being shorted?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Their revenues have been rising though. Seems way oversold which always makes me think there's something I don't know. Any idea what percentage of shares are being shorted?

6.2% Definitely blood in the water. There are a lot of unhappy people with this company right now.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Dow seems to be tanking as of now. Jobs report tomorrow. Heard something about how they reconfigured how they do that report now.

Users who are viewing this thread