SVTP stock pick thread.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Is KOLD simply a natural gas short? You could really play that one off the 4h chart, but man I wouldn't have thought it would work lol.

Agreed SMG looks good on the longer time frames, thanks

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Was watching Foxbusiness when the new CPI data released. The futures went from 200 up to 300 down in a blink. Those supercomputers the big boys have don't play around.

VegasMichael

Established Member
We're back to price levels not seen since... last week.

Still buying happily.
I buy/sell individual stocks like once every two/three years. I don't see anything I like yet. Got my eye on a few though.

Almost a 1300 point Dow drop today. NASDAQ lost over 5%.

q6543

Established Member
Average returns after 4% SPY down day is up 2% 5 weeks later.

I.e. we gonna chop through october.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Futures are fugly.
They were green about 90 minutes ago but I just checked and they are now red. Unless there is some kind of unexpected good news today I think we are in for another fall, although not of yesterday's magnitude. Also, there is an impending railway strike this Friday. If it reaches fruition that will cause another drop in the markets in my opinion.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
They were green about 90 minutes ago but I just checked and they are now red. Unless there is some kind of unexpected good news today I think we are in for another fall, although not of yesterday's magnitude. Also, there is an impending railway strike this Friday. If it reaches fruition that will cause another drop in the markets in my opinion.
The railway strike is already affecting us. We've been told to stop loading certain chemicals because they can't sit. It could get pretty squirrelly for us if it goes through.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

And it flipped around, the markets are on a hair trigger now.

Users who are viewing this thread