SVTP stock pick thread.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I figure if it even hits a dollar much less the 2.91 52 weeek high. I’ll double my money

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looking at a partial position in NOG. Dug itself out of a painful hole and oil prices look to stay favorable for a while.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
PNW got a regulatory finger up the ass, so I bought some more after the drop.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
LOTZ Been watching, pretty close to picking up a full position in my small cap bucket. Always tough to get the timing exactly right.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
LOTZ Been watching, pretty close to picking up a full position in my small cap bucket. Always tough to get the timing exactly right.
Been building up that position as well. Added another 200 shares this morning for an even 1k. Might have to double up if it dips to the low 3’s. Easy 100% gainer with some time imo.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Been building up that position as well. Added another 200 shares this morning for an even 1k. Might have to double up if it dips to the low 3’s. Easy 100% gainer with some time imo.

It is hard to see them bounce until this chip shortage eases up. That will hopefully be next year.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I never know quite what to think when I read something like this. These are supposedly smart guys, yet they are almost completely back to cash??????

Stocks could suffer 'brutal decline' as inflation threat looms - Palm Valley Capital

• Palm Valley Capital Management argued in a letter to investors that the stock market could suffer a "brutal decline" as a result of high valuations and "shaky fundamental underpinnings."
  • Fund co-founders and portfolio managers Jayme Wiggins and Eric Cinnamond identified inflation as a primary risk to the stock market, as accelerating price increases could force the Federal Reserve to become more hawkish.
  • "We believe higher inflation is one of the primary threats to the carefree stock market, since low inflation provides the cover the Fed needs to continue suppressing interest rates," they said in a fund letter released this month.
  • The Palm Valley portfolio managers contended that inflation rates are actually higher than the rates included in official government data, largely because of the way rent costs are computed.
  • Calling the CPI rent statistics "a fantasy," Wiggins and Cinnamond pointed to stats showing a nearly 19% increase in rent costs over the past year.
  • "Eventually, the truth will be obvious, when the delta between the government’s inflation measurements and U.S. citizens’ real-world experience becomes too large to ignore," they predicted.
  • To counteract the threat of a sharp equity decline, Palm Valley has moved much of its portfolio into cash, which represented nearly 80% of the fund's assets by the end of the third quarter.
  • Otherwise, Palm Valley has looked to resource stocks, particularly targeting silver and gold. The fund views these as a vital hedge against inflation.
  • "We view gold and silver as votes against the longevity of the bubble. The free ride will eventually end, and the shock to financial assets could be severe," Wiggins and Cinnamond said.
  • "With this Fed at the helm, if we took a five-year nap and could only own precious metals or the U.S. stock market at current prices, the choice would be easy," they added.
  • For another bearish look at the stock market, see why Crescat Capital believes that investors have not properly priced stagflation risks.

nxhappy

Established Member
don't try to catch a falling knife. if a car company can't make money in these crazy car times ....that isn't a good sign. JMO =) . On the flip side ....buy low and sell high. I'd be pumping extra gamble money into crypto right now, versus small cap stock. Better return, same amount of gamble.

nxhappy

Established Member
I never know quite what to think when I read something like this. These are supposedly smart guys, yet they are almost completely back to cash??????

Stocks could suffer 'brutal decline' as inflation threat looms - Palm Valley Capital

• Palm Valley Capital Management argued in a letter to investors that the stock market could suffer a "brutal decline" as a result of high valuations and "shaky fundamental underpinnings."
  • Fund co-founders and portfolio managers Jayme Wiggins and Eric Cinnamond identified inflation as a primary risk to the stock market, as accelerating price increases could force the Federal Reserve to become more hawkish.
  • "We believe higher inflation is one of the primary threats to the carefree stock market, since low inflation provides the cover the Fed needs to continue suppressing interest rates," they said in a fund letter released this month.
  • The Palm Valley portfolio managers contended that inflation rates are actually higher than the rates included in official government data, largely because of the way rent costs are computed.
  • Calling the CPI rent statistics "a fantasy," Wiggins and Cinnamond pointed to stats showing a nearly 19% increase in rent costs over the past year.
  • "Eventually, the truth will be obvious, when the delta between the government’s inflation measurements and U.S. citizens’ real-world experience becomes too large to ignore," they predicted.
  • To counteract the threat of a sharp equity decline, Palm Valley has moved much of its portfolio into cash, which represented nearly 80% of the fund's assets by the end of the third quarter.
  • Otherwise, Palm Valley has looked to resource stocks, particularly targeting silver and gold. The fund views these as a vital hedge against inflation.
  • "We view gold and silver as votes against the longevity of the bubble. The free ride will eventually end, and the shock to financial assets could be severe," Wiggins and Cinnamond said.
  • "With this Fed at the helm, if we took a five-year nap and could only own precious metals or the U.S. stock market at current prices, the choice would be easy," they added.
  • For another bearish look at the stock market, see why Crescat Capital believes that investors have not properly priced stagflation risks.
that is nonsense. in times of inflation....ALWAYS invest and have little COH.

during most US inflation periods, stocks have done pretty well. The top gainer would be oil. I would invest in some oil ETFs. Also, small caps do well during inflation. Large caps might see a lesser amount.

we are going to be in a LARGER shit storm of inflation. It would be wise to invest in gold, oil, basic goods, utility, and health. These are the stock gainers during inflation.

Users who are viewing this thread