SVTP Reviews True Forged's New Mustang Jacking Pad

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ews-true-forgeds-new-mustang-jacking-pad.html

True Forged’s new Jacking Pads are one of those “well duh” tools that everyone needs in their toolboxes. If you own an S-197 Mustang you know what a pain it can be to properly jack your car up without crushing the pinch weld seam (Ford’s recommended area from which to lift the car). True Forged owner Steve Medina saw the opportunity here to develop a product to make Mustang modder’s lives a little easier. After a few prototypes and a couple of revisions Steve@TF has brought to market the True Forged Jacking Pad.

The True Forged Jacking Pad is hewn from a solid piece of billet aluminum and is Made in the USA. They basically cradle the unibody during a lift while placing the pinch weld seam safely in a machined slot. By locating the seam in this slot you greatly reduce the chances of it being damaged by the jack.

True Forged installs these decals on their Jacking Pads to remind you of their origin.

TF_Jack_Pads_001.jpg

They are made from one solid piece of billet aluminum.

TF_Jack_Pads_002.jpg

True Forged is currently running a Group Purchase here on SVTP for these jacking pads. For $50 (plus $5 shipping) you can avoid marring up the underside of your car with a fine American made product from a long time SVTP Vendor. I suggest buying a pair for use with a set of jack stands.

Here you can see the area that Ford specifies for jacking up the rear of an S-197 Mustang GT.

TF_Jack_Pads_003.jpg

The True Forged Jacking Pad fits perfectly in this location.

TF_Jack_Pads_004.jpg

We tried to use the jacking pads on this 2013 Boss 302 LS.

TF_Jack_Pads_005.jpg

Unfortunately, this bolt for the side exhaust is in the way and prevents the pad from being used on this application.

TF_Jack_Pads_006.jpg

However, it works perfectly on many other models.

TF_Jack_Pads_007.jpg

Without this pad in place you would run the risk of damaging this pinch welded seam.

TF_Jack_Pads_008.jpg

The True Forged Jacking Pad cradles the seam inside this slot and supports the body on both sides of the seam.

TF_Jack_Pads_009.jpg

This way you can avoid unintended body damage.

TF_Jack_Pads_010.jpg

Unlike this cheap Harbor Freight jack, the True Forged Jacking Pads are 100% made in the USA.

TF_Jack_Pads_011.jpg

When placing an order with True Forged be sure to tell them that you're a member on SVTP.

TF_Jack_Pads_012.jpg

According to True Forged these are the known applications for their jacking pads:

They DO fit:
  • ALL 99-04 Mustangs
  • Fox Mustangs
  • 2007-2010 GT500*05+ Mustang GT and V6 (yes, including 2013)
  • Ford Flex
  • Ford Focus
  • Ford Contour (SVT with a riser)
  • 2010-2014 GT500
  • Focus and Focus ST
  • Boss (only fits up front. Exhaust in the way in the rear)

They do NOT fit:
  • Shelby GT350 (side skirts too tall)
  • Possibly 94-98 Mustang

Photos by StacyStangz and SID297

-SID297:beer:

Bought mine on a group by in November......highly recommend if your car is lowered.
Soooooo much easier lifting car!! Gets my stamp of approval :rockon:

Have you guys considered adding a firm high density rubber to the pad-to-car mating surface to minimize any scuffing or scratching of the undercarriage?

Have you guys considered adding a firm high density rubber to the pad-to-car mating surface to minimize any scuffing or scratching of the undercarriage?

I thought of that too. I have some thin adhesive back sheet rubber that I may try fitting to one of them at some point.

So this does not fit a 2013 GT500?

According to Steve@TF they do not.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, there is a TF jacking puck for 2011+ GT500s, and it does fit. They make more than one model. I have one that fits my 2013 GT500. Just tried it on all 4 corners and it fits great.

Here is a lnk to Revan Racing's website. For GT500s, you need to specify whether you have a 2007-2010 or a 2011+ model.

Thought I had wasted $65 for a minute there.

True Forged Billet Jacking Insert - Revan Racing, Inc.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, there is a TF jacking puck for 2011+ GT500s, and it does fit. They make more than one model. I have one that fits my 2013 GT500. Just tried it on all 4 corners and it fits great.

Here is a lnk to Revan Racing's website. For GT500s, you need to specify whether you have a 2007-2010 or a 2011+ model.

Thought I had wasted $65 for a minute there.

True Forged Billet Jacking Insert - Revan Racing, Inc.

Good to know.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread