SVTP Project EcoBoost Mustang gets Kooks Turbo-Back, Livernois Tune, & Airaid Intake

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Bolt-Ons Featured.jpg
Sound Improvements
Kicking off Project Samhain with intake, exhaust, and tuning mods
By SID297
Photos by SID297 and Stacy Stangz

Let’s face it, we wouldn’t be on a website with the word performance in its name if we weren’t always looking for something to give us a competitive edge. That’s where we find ourselves with our project 2015 Mustang EcoBoost. It was time to break the seal and get our hands dirty under the hood. Fortunately, when you start with a turbocharged direct injection engine with variable valve timing the returns for your modding efforts tend to be rewarded quickly.
Continue reading →

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Let us know what you think about the video too:

[video=youtube;ZHTUoCIHjC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTUoCIHjC8[/video]

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
nice gains. You changed everything before and after the turbo....next logical step would be to change the turbo! I'll be watching this one.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
what kind of track numbers do you think? would be awesome if an intake/exhaust intercooler ecoboost approaches 5.0 stock numbers at the track.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
what kind of track numbers do you think? would be awesome if an intake/exhaust intercooler ecoboost approaches 5.0 stock numbers at the track.

Intake/exhaust/intercooler/tune has proven to be good for bottom 12's to high 11's. There is a guy who ran 12.03 with nothing but intercooler and tune, and tires of course.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I just can't get excited about the 4 banger mustang. While the modifications are simple in nature, a CAI, canned tune, and exhaust just set you back nearly $3000 (in parts alone). I applaud you for going this route and educating us on your findings though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just can't get excited about the 4 banger mustang. While the modifications are simple in nature, a CAI, canned tune, and exhaust just set you back nearly $3000 (in parts alone). I applaud you for going this route and educating us on your findings though.

That's what it's all about, finding out what works.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I'm definitely going to follow the progress, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to seeing it with a bigger turbo, e85, and set on kill.

Users who are viewing this thread