SVTP Oil Filter Examinations Starting Back Up

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SVTP Oil Filter Examinations Starting Back Up

For those who may not remember, we at SVTP started to undertake a very big project to cut apart and examine oil filters from every manufacturer we could find. The details of this can be found in this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...74-svtp-test-oil-filters-sponsors-needed.html

Due to getting caught up in other projects and myself moving 600 miles to another state, the project was kinda put on the back burner. Well it's back on now. We'll be cutting, weighting, measuring, and examining filters for many weeks to come. Until then, if you happen to find a filter that we don't have listed in the thread above please let us know. We want this collection of information to be as expansive as possible.

Cheers:beer:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Cant wait to see the results. I have royal purple now and have used oem filters for all of my cars 28k miles

mach1033

Established Member
I'm glad your doing this test cause I was curious myself about which oil filter is the best.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Cant wait to see the results. I have royal purple now and have used oem filters for all of my cars 28k miles

The RP one is def in the top tier, you can't go wrong there.

I'm glad your doing this test cause I was curious myself about which oil filter is the best.

It's really going to come down to a quality per dollar figure. The most expensive isn't necessarily going to be the best.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Can't wait until they do the Amsoil and Mobil1's. I use mostly Amsoil, and mobil1's for emergencies.

pdm

Established Member
I was just looking at some cutaways this week. Can't wait to see your results.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
glad to see this thread. i use k&n, but if something is better, i'll switch......proceed!!

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I use RP myself but that's just because it's what a lot of people here who own Termi's and GT500's use. Monkey see monkey do, if it's good enough for their amazing vehicle, it's good enough for my sort of faux-amazing vehicle. Interested to see if there is something better/more efficient. Oil and oil filtration is so key to prolonging the life of the pistons and sleeves, as well as other parts. I once spent 4 hours reading/researching about it and couldn't really find any genuine path to follow because so many sites are paid under the table to favor one product over another.

Can't wait for the results.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Cant' wait. Glad to see this project kicking back off being in the parts business this is going to be very useful info for me and my customers:rockon:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Can't wait until they do the Amsoil and Mobil1's. I use mostly Amsoil, and mobil1's for emergencies.

Both of those are good choices.

What is going to make a good filter? or a bad filter?

Quality and construction.

glad to see this thread. i use k&n, but if something is better, i'll switch......proceed!!

That's a good one.

Those are FL-1A filters, we're doing the Fl-820S.

Users who are viewing this thread