SVTP Installs the New MGW GT500 Shifter and Rally Shift Knob

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SVTP Installs the New MGW GT500 Shifter and Rally Shift Knob

2010%20GT500d%20lr_edit.jpg

MGW recently invited SVTP down to their facility to install one of there new shifters and rally shift knobs on our project GT500. To say we were impressed with the quality of this part would be an understatement. I'm unhesitant when saying that the MGW shifter is easily the highest quality shifter on the market for the GT500. As with all MGW products the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail shine through in every aspect of the piece. But this isn't just a part with a pretty face, it's functional in ways that some parts can only dream of.

We installed the shifter on Rich5150's cherry condition black 08 GT500. Almost immediately after purchasing the car he installed the FRPP short throw unit in search of better shift quality. While that shifter was an improvement over the stock unit it still left a lot to be desired. When George, the owner of MGW, approached us at a track day over Memorial Day Weekend to test his new shifter we jumped at the invitation.

While installing the new shifter we took over 400 pictures and shot video to help guide all those buying the new shifter through the install process. Over the next couple of weeks we will be completing a comprehensive install article, review, and an install video. Look for all of those things to be posted in the coming weeks. For now I will leave you with some teaser pics and my opinion that this is a must have item for any GT500 owner. After you install one of these you will wonder why Ford never thought to make the car shift like this from the factory.

2010 GT500f lr_edit.jpg

blk-sil 6spd cbr2 lr_edit.jpg

old_KR_shifter_edit.jpg

shifterparts_edit.jpg

richgeorgeinstall_edit.jpg

shifter_done1_edit.jpg

shifter_done2_edit.jpg

If you happen to be at Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach 2010 stop by the SVTPerformance display Friday and Saturday to see the MGW shifter and feel how it shifts in a car. George from MGW, the designer of the part, will be on hand to answer questions about his products. Be sure to stopo by and see us.

Also, stay tuned for the upcoming articles and video.:beer:

-SID297

Users who are viewing this thread