SVTP have a go-to guy at Ford Racing Performance Parts?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Wondering if we have a guy who caters to our forum? I ordered a new FRPP intake manifold through a dealership and it was defective. Mating surface deviance to the heads is well out of spec, the intake manifold will not seal properly.

Dealership pointed me to FRPP and initially, they were "on it." I sent a video and photos to clarify the problem. Pretty quickly I start to kind of get the runaround. They want to continue communications through email, no one responds unless I make a couple of calls to ask for a response. Took 4 full days just to get them to email a return shipping label.

They've had the bad manifold since last Wednesday morning but I can't get a reply on what happens next/how long I have to wait etc. Maybe they're understaffed, maybe their service sucks. Just looking for a way to speed things up.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No excuse, but the guy I know is at SEMA.
Good luck, dealershipmyou bought from not helping?
-J

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
-J

The dealership said they would step up and refund me if FRPP didn't do an exchange, but the dealership said FRPP is really good about taking care of these kinds of issues so I wasn't expecting any problems. Since I already sent FRPP the part the dealership is kind of out of it now. I wanted a replacement intake instead of a refund and the dealership isn't carrying the intake anymore. I bought one of the last manifolds they had in stock and now they have none.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
-J

So I did finally hear back and it was to say that the guy handling my problem was at SEMA and sorry for the delay. They also said that the intake sealed fine when they bench tested it and it was already on it's way back to me and to use X Ford part# gaskets instead of the blue Felpros that I had purchased. I was pretty annoyed because you could see this manifold was cattywampus.

The intake came back today and you can see clearly that inhouse they decked the matting surface down a good bit. haha. So I bet it will seal up now.

Users who are viewing this thread