SVTP Exclusive :: SVT's Shelby GT500 Mustang Takes on the Nürburgring

1hot281

Established Member
Man that Z28 is fast as hell with only 500hp. Comparing the videos, if they actually were on the track at the same time, the GT500 wouldn't have even seen the Camaro for much of that lap. The GT500 makes up a lot of ground on the longer straights though.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Wow. Awesome.

Waiting for this to make it's way to C5.....

Posting this over there will result in BAN, and I'm not kidding. The Camaro camp will not tolerate any video posted proving the ZL1 isn't the superior animal they believe it to be.

Mr. Hill, SVTP's General Counsel, made the complaint to YouTube on behalf of SVTP. Since you did not receive a copy of the video in question from SVTP, as we did not distribute it to any outlets other than YouTube, you were in fact using a stolen copy (which was undoubtedly illicitly downloaded from YouTube). You had no ownership interest in the video and no right to re-upload it, hence why YouTube found in our favor.

Further, your belief that you received no benefit from the video is irrelevant. Infringement upon our property rights is a detriment to SVTP. As such, any such infringement will be met with any level of legal response we deem necessary.

Finally, GM made their videos available to members of the automotive press and their dealers. By doing so they opened the doors for the type of comparison we presented, which is part-and-parcel to our fair use defense.

Rios302, you forced Travis to go straight up legal on you.

OK, back to dogging the ZL1. Heh!

Last edited:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Nice. Good work Sid. It takes more effort to drive the GT500 but it was without a doubt faster than the ZL1.

I think the GT500 was a smoother driver overall between both vids. I put that down to the superior driver, however: both Cameros bobbled pretty badly on a few turns that the 500 went thru pretty smoothly.

My take is this: Sid was right, GM was a little fast/little slow on the start/stop buttons on the stopwatch, on both vids. At one point, the 500 was a full 10 seconds adrift of the Z28 (by my admittedly defective mental count), but reeled the Z in pretty quickly on the last straight. If they had a bit more straightway, that Z would've been put away. :pop:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
We guys will never change:bash:

Yep, you never do...

GumballMoron Whore said:
So the ZL1 makes 82 Horsepower less with 1 camshaft, (For you Shelby guys that's 3 cams less than yours) and only 16 valves (once again 16 less than a Shelby) in a smaller engine package with less boost. And Chevy engineers can get it to pass emmisions with one cam.

Barely... They have to buy off the EPA with their fake electric cars...:burn:

CamshaftChoker said:
A cam change can be made without taking the intake off, and I only need to buy one cam... I am good with that. Oh though in Ford's favor the ZL1 is 8/10ths of a liter bigger!:beer:

You moron, we can swap all four cams without TOUCHING the intake!! :bash:

But, what should we expect?? GrumbleMumblers are such a sensitive bunch, I guess it's all that grit in their girly bits. :rockon:

Edit:

y8tAoUz.jpg

Last edited:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Here is the Thing you guys are missing.

it does not matter what times are at the ring. they are all on differnt days and different drivers. The Z/28 time wasin the friggin' rain toward the end, you idiots never mentioned that

There is no excuse, I would walk before I drive another Ford, I had nothing but Fords, at one time. Then I changed.

You guys must race dyno sheets too!

My mission was just to see how many of you were dumb enough to reply.. The counter is still running, Like Ford's bank account for denying warranty claims.:loser:

Read the trade journals for the facts, Oh by the way, Goverment Motors paid back the loan early with interest. So They were a good investment!!:bowdown:

My Cushman Minute Miser has better turn in than a Shelby!

(Look that one up, you were probably not born when they were made)

See you at the track!!

At least Ford didn't have to rip off the taxpayers with a "bailout" that was "paid back" at a significantly lower interest rate than we poor sots have to pay. But that's what you get when your CEOs spend their time flying around the world in private jets buying off politicians, instead of focusing on their core business like Ford does. :bash:

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Its funny when the ZL1 was first announced there were ZL1 vs GT500 threads everywhere, that lived on.

Then the 13 GT500 was announced & new/old threads started getting deleted.

News broke that both were testing at the Ring. GM released numbers in a chest thumping manner and Ford was silent. Threads popped up and lived for the most part.

Both cars are released and dyno/track numbers started rolling out. Any thread regarding the GT500's superiority were deleted.

Any thread about road course shit would live.

Nooowww even the beloved "Ring" threads are getting deleted. Oh the irony!!

r19U2lO.jpg

tQA8TTh.jpg

Poppacapp

Established Member
Did anyone else get a wierd PM from a user named SVT Performance with a link to the Ring page? Also had another link I did not click on.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Good work with the combination of both videos..

Good detective work on the Ford file lol

McRat

Established Member
This might add to the discussion.

Milford Road Course lap records - FastestLaps.com

Lap times (5)

Pos Make / Model Time Speed (km/h) Year Power (hp) / Weight (kg) Driven by
1. Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 1:53.71 148 '13 507 / 1702
2. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1:56.58 144 '12 588 / 1838
3. Chevrolet Camaro 1LE 1:58.85 141 '12 432 / 1757
4. Ford Mustang Boss 302 LS 1:59.05 141 '12 443 / 1652
5. Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 1:59.97 140 '13 659 / 1750

This is a tight track that keeps the speed down to what you'd often see on an Open Track day for street cars without cages.

McRat

Established Member
What is kind of interesting is to look at the HP numbers. They appear to be measured numbers, not advertised numbers, as is the weights.

909cobra

Established Member
let me drive.i can do better.needs to say on road more shift to early.rev that motor more.looks fun.

Users who are viewing this thread