SVTP Exclusive :: SVT's Shelby GT500 Mustang Takes on the Nürburgring

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Do I believe that GM would doctor a timer, use a ringer car, or make false claims? Absolutely; remember that to them these times are advertising. As has been mentioned in this thread, they've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar before.

Yeah because Ford would never build a ringer car.... :rolleyes:

So the ZL1 makes 82 Horsepower less with 1 camshaft, (For you Shelby guys that's 3 cams less than yours) and only 16 valves (once again 16 less than a Shelby) in a smaller engine package with less boost. And Chevy engineers can get it to pass emmisions with one cam. A cam change can be made without taking the intake off, and I only need to buy one cam... I am good with that. Oh though in Ford's favor the ZL1 is 8/10ths of a liter bigger!:beer:

No excuses just fact. Again Nobody forced Ford to put a poor suspension design in the car.

So let me get this straight, old technology is good for an engine, but not so good for a suspension. Ok, sure, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

There is so much retard in this thread it hurt to even skim through it. :bash:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I finally made it back to the East Coast (from the trip to SEMA and Death Valley), but I'm still not quite home. A few days ago I had a chance to go through my email and noticed that Jamal Hameedi had replied to and email I had sent him. Here was the original message I sent:

SID297 said:
Greetings Jamal,

How are you? As I'm sure you're aware we've been busy the GT500
Nürburgring lap video that the media group included among the other track
runs. I was wondering if you could shed some light on why Ford chose to
not release an official 'Ring time for the 2013/14 GT500? You can see the
article here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-shelby-gt500-mustang-takes-nuerburgring.html

Thanks,
Travis

Here's is the reply from Ford's Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer:

Jamal Hameedi said:
Ring times! Oh man don't even get me started on this topic. Our (my) view is that there is no such thing as an official manufacturer Ring time. The times being posted by many manufacturers are in my humble opinion akin to qualifying times being set at a race with no pre/post inspection (ie it would never happen). In the racing world - inspection/verification is a key part of the sport. In order for us to set an "official" time corner weights would have to be taken, calibration checksums need to be verified, engine power verified via chassis rolls, a hoist inspection, and probably a fuel sample taken by an independent 3rd party like a governing/sanctioning body. I would love to see this since everyone seems to be infatuated with Ring times. Having said that, I think it's really important that performance cars be judged against one another on the track - but the comparisons really need to be on the same day by a professional driver (just track condition from day to day puts another huge variable in comparisons). We have seen lap time spreads of over 3 sec with same car same driver different day at VIR. Now extrapolate that to a track with a 7 min lap time. Motor Trend collects cars on the same day and puts a professional driver behind the wheel - not journalists whose driving ability puts yet another huge variable in lap times - and compares vehicles same driver same day. I think they do it correctly. So does Auto Motor und Sport in Germany.

The reason we test at the Ring is because it is a fantastic venue for doing vehicle dynamics work. You get so much different content in terms of turns, elevation, etc that you would need to visit 5 different tracks to duplicate it. It's also a chance for our North American vehicle dynamics guys to cross pollinate with our Team RS guys since we are all one group now. Team RS gets a chance to offer feedback on the RWD cars and the SVT guys offer perspective on the FWD cars. That's really powerful and worth spending the money to send cars and engineers over there. Renting the Ring exclusively ($$$$$!) to make a video - not so much. I'd rather put that money into the car.

I know this isn't what the internet bench racers want to hear. As soon as there is a standard for measuring lap times - our performance vehicles will be the first in line to get tested. Until then - it's just marketing and a total free for all. They are very cool to watch though. Lol. The 2013/2014 GT500 sold just fine without a published Ring time (who could have imagined!). Actually we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make more GT500s due to high demand. I've seen other performance cars with published Ring times being offered with incentives and cash on the hood (again - who could have imagined!). So I sleep pretty well at night. And spend my days (and nights) working on the next slayer vs. worrying about Ring times.

Hopefully this gives you some perspective on where our minds are at wrt Ring times.
See you at SEMA!

Jamal

Grant808

Established Member
^ While that is an awesome and professional response from Ford...

...All I read is that the GM guys are a bunch of clowns for making a big deal out of 'Ring times'. :lol:

O'Neill

Established Member
Oh man, I just love Hameedi's reply! I really didnt think he would be the one replying, but that made me laugh after I read it. Awesome stuff!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
JH said:
Actually we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make more GT500s due to high demand.

Didn't he imply earlier that Ford would make as many as people wanted or one short of demand?

Rios302

Established Member
Thank you SVT. you strike my youtube account with a copyright strike yet you too upload videos that don't belong to you like the z28 at the nurumbring. Talk about hipocrisy!

photo-1.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thank you SVT. you strike my youtube account with a copyright strike yet you too upload videos that don't belong to you like the z28 at the nurumbring. Talk about hipocrisy!

photo-1.png

Actually, SVTP's use of the GM videos falls squarely within the domain of fair use. However, YouTube seems to feel as though your video (which was in essence a poor attempt at copying our work) does not. Please refrain from infringing upon SVTP's intellectual property rights in the future.

-SID297 Esq.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
actually, svtp's use of the gm videos falls squarely within the domain of fair use. However, youtube seems to feel as though your video (which was in essence a poor attempt at copying our work) does not. Please refrain from infringing upon svtp's intellectual property rights in the future.

-sid297 esq.

boom!

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
Actually, SVTP's use of the GM videos falls squarely within the domain of fair use. However, YouTube seems to feel as though your video (which was in essence a poor attempt at copying our work) does not. Please refrain from infringing upon SVTP's intellectual property rights in the future.

-SID297 Esq.

You know it's serious when he includes his 'Esquire' title.

78387-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif--This-is-gon-sWM8.gif

91z28350

Established Member

-SID297 Esq.

LOL, and the hammer has fallen.

Rios302

Established Member

-SID297 Esq.
Youtube? That was not youtube but a direct claim from someone from this site as stated in the image "Travis Hill". I don't have a problem like I said, and I was not stealing anyone's property. In the video, I provided the sources of where I had found those videos plus how I was not benefiting in anyway from it. I was not aware that you had a video of the two gt500 and camaro together and even if you do. Why does you using a video from GM falls withing fair use and me using one from Ford does not?

Rios302

Established Member
U Mad Bro!?
I am not mad, I just find them Striking my youtube account with a strike which can ban my account hypocrite since they two use videos from others and they claim "fair us" give me a break. Regardless I should of known better.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Youtube? That was not youtube but a direct claim from someone from this site as stated in the image "Travis Hill". I don't have a problem like I said, and I was not stealing anyone's property. In the video, I provided the sources of where I had found those videos plus how I was not benefiting in anyway from it. I was not aware that you had a video of the two gt500 and camaro together and even if you do. Why does you using a video from GM falls withing fair use and me using one from Ford does not?

Mr. Hill, SVTP's General Counsel, made the complaint to YouTube on behalf of SVTP. Since you did not receive a copy of the video in question from SVTP, as we did not distribute it to any outlets other than YouTube, you were in fact using a stolen copy (which was undoubtedly illicitly downloaded from YouTube). You had no ownership interest in the video and no right to re-upload it, hence why YouTube found in our favor.

Further, your belief that you received no benefit from the video is irrelevant. Infringement upon our property rights is a detriment to SVTP. As such, any such infringement will be met with any level of legal response we deem necessary.

Finally, GM made their videos available to members of the automotive press and their dealers. By doing so they opened the doors for the type of comparison we presented, which is part-and-parcel to our fair use defense.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Mr. Hill, SVTP's General Counsel, made the complaint to YouTube on behalf of SVTP. Since you did not receive a copy of the video in question from SVTP, as we did not distribute it to any outlets other than YouTube, you were in fact using a stolen copy (which was undoubtedly illicitly downloaded from YouTube). You had no ownership interest in the video and no right to re-upload it, hence why YouTube found in our favor.

Further, your belief that you received no benefit from the video is irrelevant. Infringement upon our property rights is a detriment to SVTP. As such, any such infringement will be met with any level of legal response we deem necessary.

Finally, GM made their videos available to members of the automotive press and their dealers. By doing so they opened the doors for the type of comparison we presented, which is part-and-parcel to our fair use defense.

Yes... but the question is.... Did the glove really fit? :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread