SVTP Exclusive: Hurst Racing Brake High Performance Rotor Kits! Only 20 Sets Made!

FlowmasterMufflers

Established Member
Hurst Racing Brake High Performance Rotor Kits! Only 20 Sets Made!

The Hurst research and development department recently produced some “race ready” 2-piece rotor assemblies for various road course race teams and we ran a few extra sets for the discerning customer who wants the “BEST OF THE BEST” on his vehicle. These Hurst rotor kits are designed to replace the existing rotors on your vehicle and will enhance overall performance, reduce un-sprung weight, and give you the braking confidence that professional race teams have!

Availability:

Hurst Racing Brake Front Rotor Kit, Part #6260020: 20 sets
Hurst Racing Brake Rear Rotor Kit, Part #6270020: 20 sets

onYyxFc.jpg

Description:

Hurst Racing Brake High Performance 2-Piece Front Rotor Kit for the 2010-2014 Mustang GT with Brembo Brake PackageGeneral overview:

The Hurst Racing Brake High Performance 2-Piece Front Rotor Kit for the 2010-2014 Mustang with Brembo brake package has been designed as
an ultra-high performance direct replacement rotor. It works with the existing Brembo brake calipers and factory or aftermarket brake pads. No
modification to existing components is necessary. Increased performance comes from a hardened, heat-treated directional brake disc that is crosscut
ground for parallelism and uses a patented (US Patent #: 7097007) open slot design which adds the benefits of both drilled & slotted rotors.
Convergent vane disc technology quickly cools the whole braking system by increasing airflow and turbulence through the rotor while at the same
time creating a vacuum effect that keeps both the rotor and pad surfaces clean. The center-mount, two-piece brake rotor construction balances the
stress load transferred from the disc to the hat while also allowing more cool air to pass both from the inboard and out board sides of the rotor,
evening temperatures throughout the rotor assembly. This rotor boasts an exclusive radial expansion design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware that
keeps the assembly running true even at extreme temperatures. The hat-to-disc connection hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO
is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as the disc expands and contracts. The crimp
design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at any temperature. Finally, a race inspired, laser-engraved billet aluminum hat
provides a light-weight (14 lbs (total) of un-sprung weight savings over stock!) mounting interface that eases installation and removal. Both disc and
hat are EDP coated for superior corrosion resistance, ensuring not only stellar performance, but great durable looks for years to come.

• High performance hardened heat-treated and cross-cut ground two-piece directional rotor assembly
• High temperature ultra-durable EDP coated for superior corrosion resistance
• 10.9 grade crimp locking DACRO coated hardware with high corrosion resistance and positive engagement preventing rattling or torque loss any
temperature
• Works with stock existing calipers, hub, and brake pads
• Patented open slot design creates a vacuum effect keeping both pads and rotor surface clean and cool
• 7 lbs of un-sprung weight savings per rotor over stock
• Directional convergent vane design increases airflow and turbulence to better cool braking system
• Race inspired looks and performance

Warranty: 6-month limited

5o9yqmD.jpg

Description:

Hurst Racing Brake High Performance 2-Piece Rear Rotor Kit for the 2005-2014 Mustang

General overview:

The Hurst Racing Brake High Performance 2-Piece Rear Rotor Kit for the 2005-2014 Mustang has been designed as an ultra-high performance direct
replacement rotor. It works with the existing Brembo brake calipers and factory or aftermarket brake pads. No modification to existing components is
necessary. Increased performance comes from a hardened, heat-treated directional brake disc that is cross-cut ground for parallelism and uses a
patented (US Patent #: 7097007) open slot design which adds the benefits of both drilled & slotted rotors. Convergent vane disc technology quickly
cools the whole braking system by increasing airflow and turbulence through the rotor while at the same time creating a vacuum effect that keeps both
the rotor and pad surfaces clean. The center-mount, two-piece brake rotor construction balances the stress load transferred from the disc to the hat
while also allowing more cool air to pass both from the inboard and out board sides of the rotor, evening temperatures throughout the rotor assembly.
This rotor boasts an exclusive radial expansion design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware that keeps the assembly running true even at extreme
temperatures. The hat-to-disc connection hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for
easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as the disc expands and contracts. The crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or
torque loss at any temperature. Finally, a race inspired, laser-engraved billet aluminum hat provides a light-weight (10.6 lbs (total) of un-sprung weight
savings over stock!) mounting interface that eases installation and removal. Both disc and hat are EDP coated for superior corrosion resistance,
ensuring not only stellar performance, but great durable looks for years to come.

• High performance hardened heat-treated and cross-cut ground two-piece directional rotor assembly
• High temperature ultra-durable EDP coated for superior corrosion resistance
• 10.9 grade crimp locking DACRO coated hardware with high corrosion resistance and positive engagement preventing rattling or torque loss any
temperature
• Works with stock existing calipers, hub, and brake pads
• Patented open slot design creates a vacuum effect keeping both pads and rotor surface clean and cool
• 5.3 lbs of un-sprung weight savings per rotor over stock
• Directional convergent vane design increases airflow and turbulence to better cool braking system
• Race inspired looks and performance

Warranty: 6-month limited

This is a limited time, while supplies last opportunity for SVTPerformance.com members to purchase the highest quality brake rotors available for your vehicle. If you are interested in purchasing one or more of these kits, please PM me directly or call our Tech Line at (707) 544-4761

Last edited:

FlowmasterMufflers

Established Member
I know that a few SVTP members have purchased these rotors! Let me know what you think. I would love to see some install photos! I've got a t-shirt for whoever posts them up!

legos_mustang

Established Member
These are easily the best rotors I have ever owned. I was set on getting the Ford Racing 15" rotors with 6 piston calipers. But looking at the Ford Rotors, you could tell that they were massively heavy (32.4 lbs) and had a crappy low end method of ventilation. But I knew a couple of people that went ahead and shelled out the money, and all said it was well worth the money spent, and that they did brake better and hold off fade.

Personally, I've thought the Brembo 14" 4 piston brakes were just about right. I wouldn't have minded a 6 piston 14" setup, but the 4 piston calipers we have do a pretty good job. And they do a FANTASTIC job when you couple them with some lightweight 2 piece well vented rotors such as these.

Out of the box I could tell they were high quality. They are directionally vaned which simply means they create much more of a vacuum, and cool much better. Also, they didn't skimp on the vanes. Some lower end 2-piece rotors will have as few as 36 or fewer vanes, which takes longer to cool. These have close to twice that (maybe more... I didn't count... just noticed how nice they were). And all this weighing in at just over 18 lbs. And while that is slightly more than half the weight of the Ford Rotors, it is less than half the moment of inertia, meaning how difficult they are to start / stop spinning and/or change direction in a turn.

I could notice it right away, even with my heavy 19" wheels. I haven't had a chance to take it on the track yet, but I can already tell the car turns in much easier and it doesn't fight rapid turns... you can really notice the unsprung weight off the car... All for 1/3 of the price.

If you are looking to upgrade your brakes, it all depends on what you want to use your car for, but in general, having driven both the new 15", 6 pot calipers and current Brembo calipers with these rotors My recommendation would be: If you don't have the Brembo brake option on your Mustang, spend your money on the 6 piston 15" rotors, but if you do already have the Brembo's, buy a quality set of two piece rotors like these and use the money save to buy some lightweight wheels. You will turn better, stop just as fast, and fade shouldn't be a problem, especially with vents.

Anyway, here's a few shots of them on my car.

Rotor6Full.jpg

Rotor2.jpg

Rotor4.jpg

Rotor1.jpg

For the record I only bought the front rotors, I have a Baer Eradispeed +2 14" 2-piece lightweight rotor on the back of the car.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
This is it! Feel free to PM me with any specific questions or give one of our tech support agents a call at (707) 544-4761.

P2R8Drt.jpg

Are the prices in the link sale prices? Are you not going to be carrying these in the future? I just bought tires this month, hard to justify to my better half spending more money.

Users who are viewing this thread