• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

SVTP Drives a Tuned 7.3L 2020 F-250 | HP-Tuners & 5 Star Tuning

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Got a question about E85 use. According to 5 Star the fuel pump duty cycle is only about 45%. Looks like there's plenty of head room in the fuel system.

gimmie11s likes this.
  2. Fordfourlife

Fordfourlife Active Member Established Member

Unofficially 27HP and 38tq on 87octane..So that would make it approx 457hp and 513tq, these are the numbers I think most were expecting to see from the factory. Will be fun to see what they come up with on 93octane.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    me32 likes this.
  3. john11gt

john11gt Well-Known Member Established Member

tune only? Nice.

a 93 tune with a less restrictive intake and less restrictive exhaust should make quite a bit. Hopefully ford sees this as a success and switches back to small and large cube ohv engines. I never cared for fords late model ohc engines.

4. SID297

I have a feeling there's some power to be had from an exhaust. The stock intake is pretty damn good, but a drop in filter would probably help.

me32 likes this.
  5. MachME

MachME 2V Power Established Member

@SID297

"One odd thing we did notice is that the 10R140 seems to run a bit hotter (about 210 degrees F) than we’re accustomed to seeing. It has a thermostatically controlled oil cooler than transfers heat to the engine coolant. Perhaps it’s to keep the trans oil flowing properly, but I’m sure Ford has its reasoning for making that change. If not, we’ll all be installing aftermarket transmission thermostats sometime down the road."

1. You has no pics of the front, this does not have a air to air trans cooler in front of the condenser? Your statement above makes it read like that. Are new f150's like that too?
    A. In the 6r80 f150, it has the thermostat above the valve the body in the trans aka not accessible without taking it out. It does not open till 190+ allowing fluid to flow to front cooler. It runs 195-205 under normal operating conditions. I have seen one person change this to run cooler. Ford obviously wants it at this temp, the trick is keeping it at that temp when towing. If there is no air to air cooler, you have no way to easily mitigate the temps (bigger cooler).

2. Everything is alum, except the bumpers? Does this apply to the f150 too?

3. Why did they put the air box on the battery side? Seems to be really cluster over there. Can you even get to the plugs?

4. Is the battery AGM and the truck start stop?

5. Does it have a separate belt for the ac that is stretch bs?

6. Are driveshafts alum or steel?

7. is the diff e locker like f150?

8. Are all new Fords going to that hideous oil cap? Even my 30 year old Ford has the classic oil cap. Yuck!

USA - Motorcraft

6. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

7. SID297

me32 and _Snake_ like this.
  8. riversauce

riversauce New Member

In your video there is a small tank behind the fuel tank @0:58. I noticed that my 7.3L F250 has a similar tank and that it is vented to the DEF fill location with a hard cap. Seems to tie to the fuel tank with another hose. Is this acting as some sort of expansion tank for the main?
    iCloud

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  9. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Well-Known Member Established Member

E85 could boost tuned power gains on this motor significantly.

On another note.. rumor is the 2020 6.7 powerstroke is a MONSTER and making 50+ more whp than the 2019 motors.

10. SID297

That's the evaporation emissions system charcoal canister. It essentially keeps gas fumes from escaping the tank and stinking up your garage or going up into the atmosphere.

More on that later.

riversauce likes this.