SVTP Coverage of PRI 2017 - 150+ Pics and a Vid

SVTP Coverage of PRI 2017

PRI_2017_Day_1_001.jpg

The Christmas season brings my favorite show of the year, the annual Performance Racing Industry trade show. For those unfamiliar, PRI is an industry-only show that is not open to the public. Instead of being a 'car show', PRI is a Car-Parts-Show. Every year in Decemeber, the best manufacturers in the performance automotive aftermarket industry gather to show off their latest wares.

Unfortunately, for the past several years the show has been held in Indianapolis, IN; whereas it had been located in Orlando, FL in years past. I don't know about you, but when I think of the places I want to go spend a week in the middle of winter Indy is pretty low on the list. It actually ranks below Detroit, and all of Canada (even the part where Trailer Park Boys is filmed).

But I digress, PRI always has some really interesting displays; and the best part is getting first hand experience with parts you might not always get to see clearly once installed can give you a new perspective on quality. Nothing beats being able to pick up a part and closely inspect it while oftentimes talking to the engineer who designed it. Take a look at our long-form show walk-though video on our perspective on some of the parts on display at PRI 2017:

And now we start the pics. We have over 150 pics to share with you. I'll make comments on the ones I find most interesting, but if you have any questions please post them. The more you guys post the more pics we'll post. So let' get started:

PRI_2017_Day_1_002.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_004.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_005.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_006.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_007.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_008.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_011.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_009.jpg
PRI_2017_Day_1_010.jpg

Great photos Travis. Thanks for sharing them. Man, that venue reminds me of a car show/race venue parts midway on steroids. A person could get lost in all that great stuff.

Unfortunately, for the past several years the show has been held in Indianapolis, IN; whereas it had been located in Orlando, FL in years past. I don't know about you, but when I think of the places I want to go spend a week in the middle of winter Indy is pretty low on the list. It actually ranks below Detroit, and all of Canada (even the part where Trailer Park Boys is filmed).

I'm offended. I love Indy. Terrible NFL football, mediocre NBA basketball, IHL hockey. It's a great place! :)

If you come back into town for PRI next year, hit me up. I'll brighten your week with a few rounds of .223 out my back door. Only 25 minutes from Downtown.

I got to go a couple years ago... It was a sea of parts, cars, and people. It was easy to get confused and lost, but impossible to not have appreciation for what was on display.

I'm offended. I love Indy. Terrible NFL football, mediocre NBA basketball, IHL hockey. It's a great place! :)

If you come back into town for PRI next year, hit me up. I'll brighten your week with a few rounds of .223 out my back door. Only 25 minutes from Downtown.

I got to go a couple years ago... It was a sea of parts, cars, and people. It was easy to get confused and lost, but impossible to not have appreciation for what was on display.

It's not that Indy is terrible, it's that it's a terrible place to have a convention in Dec compared to Orlando.

Users who are viewing this thread