Established Member
Is caffeine from black coffee bad? I drink 1 cup of black coffee in the morning

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Is caffeine from black coffee bad? I drink 1 cup of black coffee in the morning

nah actually coffee is good for you in moderation ;-)

HIIT is great to lose and stay w/ it, nothing like a shock to wake your body up, just have to keep it going, plateau effect is a bitch once you do same routine over and over, your body adjusts and you stop.:nonono:

SpectorV

Established Member
I try to keep my heart rate around 150~ for 20-30 min at a time. What ever speed or incline etc that is thats where I would start. Thats above the "fat burning zone" but the end result is more fat/calories and plus the extra you burn afterwards. Best to do it in the morning but I could never make myself go.... I always do it later in the day.

Burning fat and building muscle are not easy so pick one, however weight lifting is great as well.

I try to lift weights 4 days a week and do cardio 1 day only (while doing it two other days I lift for 20 min~)

all that above wont matter if the diet is bad~ its not about eating as little as possible, just aim for 500 less than required (taking in workout calories as well into the equation) and you should be fine. If find if I cut back to much I starve and end up eating more or cant workout due to lack of energy~ which also means I have more calories in vs out on those days.... eat 6 meals a day (not hard really honestly)

I eat at 7, 10, 12, 3, 5, 7~ the 10am, 3pm, and 5pm are not HUGE perhaps a protein shake or something similar~ Casein protein seems to help suppress appetite better than Whey for me~ so you can use that as well during the day. Whey after a workout seems better though.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Guys that are saying "diet" please be more specific...

When I hear the term "diet" I think of it in a bad way because you most likely are restricting you body for the sole purpose to loose weight and that's not always a good thing.

"Eating healthy" is a better way to put it and that should be self explanatory for most. The basic method is: Eat less calories than you burn=weight loss. Yes you can loose weight without exercise, but the results will be far better if you combine proper eating and exercise.

One thing that shocked me was when I looked on the back of a package and saw the calorie count of what I though was a healthy snack. When I was running late in the morning to eat breakfast, I would get to work and buy a Naked Juice and a package of oatmeal cookies(2 in a package) from the cafeteria at work. The oatmeal cookies were 350 calories A PIECE!!! That's 700 caloris for bfast(880 total with the Naked Juice) and I still haven't had lunch or dinner and little snacks between... I'm not a calorie counter, but it doesn't hurt to take a peek at what you are eating because you'll most likely be surprised.

Edit: I workout over lunch for 45 min and I always start of with a light cardio(run up and down the stairs) until I start to sweat(~10 min) and then I head to the weights. I usually to upper body one day and then lower body the next. I always try to work opposite muscle groups. For example: If you do chest, you need to do back. Work your biceps, you need to do your triceps, etc. I joined the gym 3 months ago and have lost a solid 15lbs(185 down to 170) and it feels great. I also bike(doing a 60mile ride this sat) and will be doing my first 5K at the end of July.

At my worst, I weighted 205lbs and started to watch what I ate/worked out and slowly dropped to 190lbs which I've maintained for the last 4 years. Got serious and started doing the above and we'll see what happens:D

OP-Good luck!

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Guys that are saying "diet" please be more specific...

When I hear the term "diet" I think of it in a bad way because you most likely are restricting you body for the sole purpose to loose weight and that's not always a good thing.

"Eating healthy" is a better way to put it and that should be self explanatory for most. The basic method is: Eat less calories than you burn=weight loss. Yes you can loose weight without exercise, but the results will be far better if you combine proper eating and exercise.

One thing that shocked me was when I looked on the back of a package and saw the calorie count of what I though was a healthy snack. When I was running late in the morning to eat breakfast, I would get to work and buy a Naked Juice and a package of oatmeal cookies(2 in a package) from the cafeteria at work. The oatmeal cookies were 350 calories A PIECE!!! That's 700 caloris for bfast(880 total with the Naked Juice) and I still haven't had lunch or dinner and little snacks between... I'm not a calorie counter, but it doesn't hurt to take a peek at what you are eating because you'll most likely be surprised.

di·et
1    [dahy-it] Show IPA noun, verb, di·et·ed, di·et·ing, adjective
noun
1. food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health: Milk is a wholesome article of diet.
2. a particular selection of food, especially as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease: a diet low in sugar.
3. such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight: No pie for me, I'm on a diet.
4. the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group: The native diet consists of fish and fruit.
5. food or feed habitually eaten or provided: The rabbits were fed a diet of carrots and lettuce.
6. anything that is habitually provided or partaken of: Television has given us a steady diet of game shows and soap operas.

verb (used with object)
7. to regulate the food of, especially in order to improve the physical condition.
8. to feed.

verb (used without object)
9. to select or limit the food one eats to improve one's physical condition or to lose weight: I've dieted all month and lost only one pound.
10. to eat or feed according to the requirements of a diet.
adjective
11. suitable for consumption with a weight-reduction diet; dietetic: diet soft drinks.

Origin:
1175–1225; (noun) Middle English diete < Anglo-French, Old French < Latin diaeta < Greek díaita way of living, diet, equivalent to dia- dia- + -aita (akin to aîsa share, lot); (v.) Middle English dieten (transitive) < Anglo-French, Old French dieter, derivative of the noun

Related forms
di·et·er, noun
non·di·et·er, noun
non·di·et·ing, adjective, noun

Example Sentences

She would come in with her own food because she was on a special diet.

The digit is also useful for scooping the flesh out of coconuts and other fruits that supplement the animal's insect diet.

With an extra large feeding tube it's never been simpler to add essential vitamins and minerals to your family's daily diet.

Last edited:

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Is there any specific website or anything that has recipes more geared to healthy eating?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Chris-Thank you for the definition, but the word "diet" can differ from person to person. So I personally don't prefer that term. I percieve, "I'm going on a diet" as being different than, "I've changed my diet by eating healthier." The latter being the better best method IMO.

Just saw SVTCOP's response to the OP and it seems as though the OP has got the idea on what to cut back on.

OP-As far as exercise routines, I do a little of everything, but don't focus on legs as much as I should. Injured my knee in HS playing football and if I work it too much, it will start to hurt again. If you'd like me to post my routine, I can.

Last edited:

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Yeah anything helps. I have a monstrous task ahead of me. I am currently 5'9" and weigh 255. Not looking to be a fitness model. My goal weight is 200.

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
Dieting is very key.. no fast food or greasy foods. eat meat, brown rice, fruits, veggies, etc. Drink a gallon of water a day. try doing cross fit workouts so your heart rate will stay at a high level while you work your whole body out, gaining strength. STAY MOTIVATED! look at your personal imperfections and just destroy them. Right now im 6'0 190. trying to get to 200 Good Luck!

Last edited:

Ford1288

Established Member
Look into a local crossfit gym, they will help point you in the right direction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Crossfit would be cool. But thanks to a billing error at a big chain gym that shall remain nameless , I never pay a monthly fee. Basically go for free but they don't offer crossfit

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Crossfit would be cool. But thanks to a billing error at a big chain gym that shall remain nameless , I never pay a monthly fee. Basically go for free.

Check to see if the gym offers classes at certain times during the week and if so and free, participate;-)

PUSHA TON

Established Member
Going to check this evening if they have a Calender that list any classes they offer.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Yeah anything helps. I have a monstrous task ahead of me. I am currently 5'9" and weigh 255. Not looking to be a fitness model. My goal weight is 200.

I was overwhelmed also when I started and thought it would take forever to see any results. Boy was I wrong. Within 4 months I had lost about 45lbs. The hardest part is staying motivated and turning it into a life style.

My recipe:

Exercise - I run 2 miles 3 times a week for a total of 6 miles a week. Mon-Wed-Fri. I also do several sit up and push up routines (10 reps, 3 sets each) everyday including after my run. For a total of 40-45 minutes of strenuous exercise.

Diet - Cut out all junk food, fast food, sodas and candies. Eat as much fish, shrimp, chicken and turkey as possible. Eat oats, yogurts and soups. Also make sure you eat a lot of veggies, fruits and salads. Stay away from non fat free salad dressings. Drink as much water as possible. Drink juices and dairy products in moderation. I'm not a huge calorie counter but I do look at nutrition labels on food to check its fat content. There is almost a lower fat alternative to your favorite foods. Eat smaller more frequent meals. If done correctly you will seldom be hungry.

Bottom line is just be smarter about what you put in your body for fuel.

Like I showed you in my first post if you stick with it you can show quite a bit of personal progress. Ive been at it for a year and now I'm just maintaining but within 6 months of starting I had went from 220 to 170 pounds and Im 5'11".

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I was overwhelmed also when I started and thought it would take forever to see any results. Boy was I wrong. Within 4 months I had lost about 45lbs. The hardest part is staying motivated and turning it into a life style.

My recipe:

Exercise - I run 2 miles 3 times a week for a total of 6 miles a week. Mon-Wed-Fri. I also do several sit up and push up routines (10 reps, 3 sets each) everyday including after my run. For a total of 40-45 minutes of strenuous exercise.

Diet - Cut out all junk food, fast food, sodas and candies. Eat as much fish, shrimp, chicken and turkey as possible. Eat oats, yogurts and soups. Also make sure you eat a lot of veggies, fruits and salads. Stay away from non fat free salad dressings. Drink as much water as possible. Drink juices and dairy products in moderation. I'm not a huge calorie counter but I do look at nutrition labels on food to check its fat content. There is almost a lower fat alternative to your favorite foods. Eat smaller more frequent meals. If done correctly you will seldom be hungry.

Bottom line is just be smarter about what you put in your body for fuel.

Like I showed you in my first post if you stick with it you can show quite a bit of personal progress. Ive been at it for a year and now I'm just maintaining but within 6 months of starting I had went from 220 to 170 pounds and Im 5'11".

I can easily agree with this:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread