SVT T-Bird??

Grym

My friend has a 95 super coupe. She claims it's an SVT T-Bird. Is there such an animal?

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
There were 4 SVT Thunderbird concepts built at the end of 97 hoping to be added to the SVT line in 98 but they didn't only drop they idea.. they dropped the whole car.
It was a normal Thunderbird with a 4.6L Supercharged DOHC Cobra engine and Cobra rims and all the suspension mods.. there were only 4 concepts made.. only 1 still exists.. it is owned by the head of SVT I think.
I was an awesome car.. I have the article scanned on my comp... Here it is.
But her SC is NO SVT.. that's just silliness..

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Correct me if I am wrong, but SVO/SVE did help in developing the SC as with the SHO??

Makes me mad to this day still that they killed the SC AND the TBird. I don't really care for the 'new' TBird
3ddisgust3.gif

Stryford

Thunderbird Moderator
Established Member
Hitman2k1 is right on all counts. Grym's friend is either smoking crack, or she got some bad info from an idiot.

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
She's not the first.. there are a load of SC drivers that I've met that say it's an SVT car. Also I knew a guy with an SHO that always refered to it as an SVT Taurus.. he was real mad when a couple of us told him it wasn't an SVT car.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
wow i missed this thred, anyway...

a good friend of a friend, said that there are actually 2 SVE T-Birds hanging around the detroit area. Colletti does indeed have rights to one of them, but the other belongs to a Ford affiliate. Here are a few of the pics that i have of them.

96svesc.jpg

SVTyellow.jpg

svtpic01.jpg

svtpic02.jpg

tbirdarticle.jpg

if the links dont work go here-> http://thunderbird.stangnet.com/svtbird.htm

Users who are viewing this thread