SVT Lightning as a whole

04MysticCobra

Established Member
After owning a 95 Lightning, 97 F150 XLT, 2000 Lightning and 2004 Lightning the Lightning trucks are not just badged F150's. The V8 in the Lightning is the same size V8 that you could of had in a 2004 F150 except in the Lightning its supercharged. Here is an overview of what exactly makes up the Lightning truck. I loved mine and if anyone would be on the fence about buying one I would say go for it.....if you can find a clean one at a good price.

2004 Ford SVT Lightning F150

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
2 corrections. it was heighten in the back for the increased payload from 800 lbs to 1300 lbs as towing was 5000 lbs for all years no matter what, and the 1/4 mile time was very low 14 to high 13 second runs. Hell my dads 2002 did a 13.77 totally stock at 102 MPH.

And Ford sort of brought out a 3rd gen Lighting with the 2014 F-150 Tremor except it was no where near as good as the L in the handling dept.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
2 corrections. it was heighten in the back for the increased payload from 800 lbs to 1300 lbs as towing was 5000 lbs for all years no matter what, and the 1/4 mile time was very low 14 to high 13 second runs. Hell my dads 2002 did a 13.77 totally stock at 102 MPH.

And Ford sort of brought out a 3rd gen Lighting with the 2014 F-150 Tremor except it was no where near as good as the L in the handling dept.

the “tremor” wasn’t anything performance orientated...

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
Anyone tow a camper with one by chance? Just looking to make the wife happy too an still have my toy

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Anyone tow a camper with one by chance? Just looking to make the wife happy too an still have my toy

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Folks have been doing it for years, Are they the best tow rig no but it’s also 2020 and they haven’t made a lightning for over 16 years so you’re still talking about old technology versus some of the newer vehicle options today

Look at all the F150 forums where guys have swapped over eaton super chargers on the crew cabs, super cab’s etc. and tow regularly

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Quite a few SVTP members who own/owned Lightings have towed with them. Most car trailers and such.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they will tow but I gotta say if you have any kind of an aggressive pulley combo be ready for it to whine anytime you think about the gas pedal and you wont pass many stations either.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
are the lightnings just upbadged and with bigger motor f150s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, there was more to it than that. special vehicle team products built under coletti and scarpello stayed true to svt's core values:

- performance
- substance
- exclusitivity
- value

they referred to substance as character that was built in, not added on.

Users who are viewing this thread